i don't get why it was locked i wasn't starting shit with anyone arguing the price

Weird.

I mean I certainly don't agree with the price you were asking for, but I absolutely stand by your right to sell your items for whatever you think is fair and get laughed at for it.

Exactly, your thread was trolled for no good reason...I reported the post that started it because rules is rules.

Then, of course, it was locked with no explanation. *eye roll*

I mean I certainly don't agree with the price you were asking for, but I absolutely stand by your right to sell your items for whatever you think is fair and get laughed at for it.

Bingo. I posted a reaction that I saw fit because a.) promos don't sell for $100, and b.) even if they did by fluke, you don't ask Discogs or eBay prices here at VC. That's not trolling. That's vaguely expressing an opinion. If I went into his thread and posted a bunch of sales links while insulting him and advising people to look somewhere else for this LP, that'd go against the rules of the board. I don't think anyone was doing that, though. Had I added a friendly "good luck with the sale" below the George gif, that thread would probably still be open.

Report posts all you want -- just flag the right ones for the right reasons. If you can't figure that out, then you shouldn't be using the feature in the first place.

I've seen promos go for over 100 before, it all depends on what the album is.

You're right.  Obviously, I know plenty of promos fetch more than any "standard" press or variant of a record.  But in this case, I was referring to promo copies of the Space Jam OST, since a few others have made similar claims about the value.

Bingo. I posted a reaction that I saw fit because a.) promos don't sell for $100, and b.) even if they did by fluke, you don't ask Discogs or eBay prices here at VC. That's not trolling. That's vaguely expressing an opinion. If I went into his thread and posted a bunch of sales links while insulting him and advising people to look somewhere else for this LP, that'd go against the rules of the board. I don't think anyone was doing that, though. Had I added a friendly "good luck with the sale" below the George gif, that thread would probably still be open.

Report posts all you want -- just flag the right ones for the right reasons. If you can't figure that out, then you shouldn't be using the feature in the first place.

Let me make it easy for you...the OP COULD CARE LESS about your "fitting reaction" to their sale thread. They can charge whatever they want, nowhere in the "rules" does it say you have to price things a certain way. Your obvious sense of entitlement may say so, but thankfully it doesn't make the rules around here. Either way, for you to go into their sale thread and post some stupid gif in the name of being clever makes you look like an even bigger dummy than the person who "overpriced" their record in their sale thread.

...and don't worry, I know how to use the report feature, and will continue to use it when self-righteous posters try and force their nonsense onto others.

But tell me how you really feel.

Unrustle your jimmies, Jimmy. Your care factor here - adorable as it may be - is pretty unnecessary. You're implying that no one has the right to respond to threads in an open forum. Your warped (and completely inaccurate) perspective of my "self entitlement" is moot -- I'm not shitting on this guy's sale, nor am I preventing anyone from accepting his offer. I'm not "trying to be clever", either; I posted a single image instead of diving into a number of sale principles that have been beaten to death. Sue me. And based on the bulk of the responses that followed, it would appear that I wasn't the only VC member who held such a "clever" and "self righteous" opinion on the seller and his thread.

lel @ the whole "could care less" comment, too. The butthurt is almost palpable, and I'm glad to see you care enough to let it transcend threads. You're a goofy one, Jimmy. Take a deep breath and scoot back from your monitor for a bit. I'd hate for you to get a hernia over some srs vc bsnss.

[edit]

I guess I should clarify a couple of things.  First and foremost, I'm sorry if you feel that I really am a self-righteous individual.  This couldn't be further from the truth... but you wouldn't know this unless you legitimately talked to me, and dropped all your assumptions of the smug GIFs and jaded comments that I occasionally post.  Myself and many others have fun with these types of threads because we've been around the block a few times, and know what you can and can't get away with at VC.  Instead of getting up-in-arms and chewing out the seller - who is usually a new member, more often than not - or reporting his posts, or genuinely caring... sometimes it's easier to have a chuckle and move on.  Life is too short, and the internet is a joke.  Couple those concepts together and you'll understand how ridiculous this whole thing is.

I have nothing against you, Jimmy.  I understand that you've been a member of VC longer than I, and that I may strike you as an entitled asshole in instances that ridicule newer members [for, essentially] trying to scalp members who know the ropes of the Sale board.  But to suggest that I - and everyone else - have no right to respond to threads that we find ridiculous is easily more asinine than anything I've posted so far.

Ok, in the name of not derailing this thread anymore, I will try and make if brief.

In my brain...

1. Your post began the derailment of the other thread.

2. People should be able to list their stuff for whatever they want.

Also, I never said people shouldn't post in threads, that is what you took from my post. I just don't see why anyone should care about people posting records for high prices. Ignore the thread, and it gets buried until the daily bump.

• 4 weeks later...