Soundgarden - Superunknown DLP coming soon

• 4 years later...

17 hours ago, mondie said:

What a load of wank, No details on the origins of the source or mastering but £40 in the UK. I am amazed after 25 years the German 320 pressing remains the reference for the best album released since at least 1990.

This.

People see the pretty colors and throw their money at it, with no clue to mastering, pressing info etc.

I have all the albums other than the newest one. They all sound phenomenal for the most part.

I had the silver BMF but sold it a few weeks ago for $140 because it sounds like dog shit. Picked up the 2016 black for $18 and it sound fantastic.

Are these for people who just got into vinyl and dont know they were all just released 2 years ago? 

17 hours ago, mondie said:

What a load of wank, No details on the origins of the source or mastering but £40 in the UK. I am amazed after 25 years the German 320 pressing remains the reference for the best album released since at least 1990.

I'm guessing its the same plates used for the 20th anniversary reissue (which was also $50). Its a terrible master IMO and the pressing is subpar. I can't imagine this is much better. Just a cash in on the 25th anniversary and riding Cornell's legacy because of his passing. 

The black vinyl pressing is about $30. Just get that.