Soundgarden - Superunknown DLP coming soon

This is exactly how I feel. I get it, it's not going to be $11.99, but that price.

There is an exception, though. If it turns out that it is pressed at Pallas (or RTI, etc), thick tip on jacket, with the remaster sounding a lot better than the original, i may see the value in it. But sound unheard and sight unseen, with the previous releases being pressed at URP? No.

Soundgarden needs a marteting person that understands what their fans want, and someone smart enough to explain why they are charging $55 for a double LP.

A marketing persons job is to convince you that you need a $54.99 2xLP.

They need someone whose job is common sense related. We should all be thankful they don't have better marketing people.  ;)

I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to connect the dots on that first amazon listing. It was clearly the RSD 5x10. 

I'm calling on all my vinyl brothers to boycott this fucking abomination of a price until they get the message that we're not a bunch of retarded suckers. I'd sooner spen that cash on an OG than pay 70+ for a new release which was more than likely cut from digital files. Fuck that. This thing should be $25 tops. Many other comparable releases are priced at that or less. This is a cash grab. 

I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to connect the dots on that first amazon listing. It was clearly the RSD 5x10. 

I'm calling on all my vinyl brothers to boycott this fucking abomination of a price until they get the message that we're not a bunch of retarded suckers. I'd sooner spen that cash on an OG than pay 70+ for a new release which was more than likely cut from digital files. Fuck that. This thing should be $25 tops. Many other comparable releases are priced at that or less. This is a cash grab. 

I'm with you 100%

I sent an e-mail specifically asking why it costs so much and if they could provided details about the remastering and the pressing.

I'm sure I'll cave and buy it at somepoint. Hopefully importcds on amazon will have it a bit cheaper. All I know is I need this on vinyl. But I'll wait until I hear about the quality.

Damn,  I sold my OG for $50 last week because we're a bit skint. (wife said I could buy the new press in June).      I'm pretty disgusted at the price.   I may have been a bit hasty in selling (even though it was a beaten-up copy).

Also, 'remastering' always worries me...  (Pearl Jam - Ten for instance)

Like Pearl Jam, there are a lot of Soundgarden "collectors" out there that drive the price of their popular albums up, just to sit on a shelf or in a frame.

And yes, the OP doesn't sound that great. Not bad but any slight, slight, increase in SQ is often marred by sibilance. Someone who worked on the OP vinyl has been quoted as saying it is just a flat CD transfer. So really, it is more of a collectors item, so I don't recommend paying current eBay price.

I really wish that people wouldn't try to justify inflated record prices based on what a rare OOP OG copy goes for.  $55 for a new domestic 2xLP is absolutely outrageous, and it's just the label taking advantage of the fervor of fans.  This record should be priced at half of that.  I don't care if its 2xLP, 200g, remastered in a gatefold.  If people will gladly pay that, then they are only driving up the prices themselves.

I really wish that people wouldn't try to justify inflated record prices based on what a rare OOP OG copy goes for.  $55 for a new domestic 2xLP is absolutely outrageous, and it's just the label taking advantage of the fervor of fans.  This record should be priced at half of that.  I don't care if its 2xLP, 200g, remastered in a gatefold.  If people will gladly pay that, then they are only driving up the prices themselves.

For comparison, I paid $25.99 on Metric's online store for the 200g White Vinyl Deluxe version of Synthetica.  So yeah it *can be done*, if a label doesn't want to gouge the consumer.   

For comparison, I paid $25.99 on Metric's online store for the 200g White Vinyl Deluxe version of Synthetica.  So yeah it *can be done*, if a label doesn't want to gouge the consumer.   

Great example.  I grabbed that one too.  It absolutely can be done, and $26 is within reason for the costs associated with the product.  Especially for high number presses (which brings down individual unit cost).  A lot of big labels seem to want to sneak in a few extra dollars, but doubling the price is mind-boggling.  

Damn,  I sold my OG for $50 last week because we're a bit skint. (wife said I could buy the new press in June).      I'm pretty disgusted at the price.   I may have been a bit hasty in selling (even though it was a beaten-up copy).

Also, 'remastering' always worries me...  (Pearl Jam - Ten for instance)

that's a remix, not just a remaster.  I assume you're talking about Ten Redux.  With this being only remastered, all of the original mix should still be in place.

I'm not happy about the price either but I'm taking the dive, even though I'm almost 100% sure these aren't going to just poof instantly upon release and by christmas a copy will be accessible for $30 or so.  I want this album so badly, I am not willing to take a chance of missing out on a copy.  I do agree though, absolutely insane pricing on this one and someone somewhere should be ashamed.  Pre-ordered through amazon last night and if something changes, I can always cancel my PO.