Soundgarden - Superunknown DLP coming soon

I live in Poland. The average sallary here is less than 40% of the average sallary in usa. So basically, spending 40$ for a record for US citizen is same as spending 100$ in here. What is a good price for you? 20$? comparing the salaries again, 20$ for me would be like spendin 8$ for you. If new records would cost me ~ 8$, I would go to a record store every week and probably buy more than i can cary....I now u don't give a fuck about prices in other countries, but next time you complain about them, think about the poor bastards like me in Poland ;) I don't mean to be rude - I'm just sayin - there are people that are screwed wayyy much more than you, and they deal with it ;) always look at the briiight sidee of lifeee... ;)

I get you, man. And I do care. I just checked the conversion on the PLN and you're right. That is a horribly weak currency to the USD but the USD is almost just as weak compared to the GBP. Its a shitshow, I'll give you that. But when you buy records in Poland that are produced in Poland and from Polish record labels, how much are you paying for that? Or are you even buying any music that fits that description?

I get you, man. And I do care. I just checked the conversion on the PLN and you're right. That is a horribly weak currency to the USD but the USD is almost just as weak compared to the GBP. Its a shitshow, I'll give you that. But when you buy records in Poland that are produced in Poland and from Polish record labels, how much are you paying for that? Or are you even buying any music that fits that description?

there aren't many vinyl pressed in Poland, most Polish bands I listen to don't release their music on vinyl (I'm talking about hard rock and metal bands)- it is too expensive for them. Most popular does (Behemoth, Vader, Decapitated - polish metal can be quite popular) but these are the bands that release their music mainly through foreign labels. And they cost as much as in US, sometimes more. Prices of vinyl pressed here vary from ca 15$ (independent small labels, punk, hard core etc) to 20-30$ with the most popular pop/rock artists. CDs of polish artist cost 10-12$, foreign artists, 15-25$. Foreign artists vinyl sold by polish distributors does not get lover than 20$, average price is ~ 25-30$ Some does go as high as 40-50$ (Im talking about standard edition, not box sets or limited editions) for example - alice in chains unplugged - 45$ faith no more - king for a day - 37$. Some of them are totally absurd - I saw smashing pumpkins Mellon Collie box set for 160$ (in a chain record store) !! And I bought it on amazon.ca for 1/4 of that price...so as you see, we do have A LOT to complain about...but big record companies and distributors are greedy fucks everywhere, doesn't matter if it's Poland or USA. It won't change, all we can do is sometimes wait for the price to get lower, to search in different places, different stores, look for the best price. We can also stop buying records as a protest against the high prices. But I'm afraid I'm a too much of a music/vinyl addict to use such a radical solution ;) cheers Man.

we've got it similar down here re: Aussie labels & vinyl. There's only a couple, maybe even only 1, pressing plant here, so the cheapest going rate here for an Aussie manufactured LP is $30. absolute minimum. Its the old 'supply and demand' adage. Of course, the US should have far cheaper prices, coz the market is there to support it. The price for this LP, whilst not that much higher for foreign buyers (relative to what we pay for domestic and imported vinyl), is still way overpriced though, and must be bordering on lunatic pricing for US buyers.

Whilst i love ma and pa stores and indie labels trying to get ahead, its thanks to Amazon that we ROW'ers can afford to buy vinyl. Its the shipping that kills it for me. I'd be prepared for $50ppd, but not with a further $20 shipping (all in USD mind, so add another 10% on for Aussies). amazon.co.uk at $AUD45 shipped is tempting...

I paid about $50 for a NM Euro copy of the OG just a couple of years ago. So yeah, this price is insanity. I'll hold off, though I certainly understand the dilemma many of you are in. If you think this is rapey, just wait til you see the prices for those NIN/Soundgarden tickets...

Thumbs up to you for bringing up the tour. I hadn't heard about it.  Saw this post a couple hours ago...got the presale code and ordered tickets an hour later.  Ended up with tickets front row center stage.  Hurt my wallet, but psyched.

Thumbs up to you for bringing up the tour. I hadn't heard about it.  Saw this post a couple hours ago...got the presale code and ordered tickets an hour later.  Ended up with tickets front row center stage.  Hurt my wallet, but psyched.

Dayum! What city! I've always done really good with nin.com presales. REALLY good, like first 5 rows type shit, had technical difficulties on their site with the captchas, ended up with mediocre tickets for Detroit. I'm a victim of expectations I suppose. 

I paid about $50 for a NM Euro copy of the OG just a couple of years ago. So yeah, this price is insanity. I'll hold off, though I certainly understand the dilemma many of you are in. If you think this is rapey, just wait til you see the prices for those NIN/Soundgarden tickets...

No shit. People will lose thier minds over a $50 LP they can spin over and over and not think twice about a $100 concer ticket.

Dayum! What city! I've always done really good with nin.com presales. REALLY good, like first 5 rows type shit, had technical difficulties on their site with the captchas, ended up with mediocre tickets for Detroit. I'm a victim of expectations I suppose. 

I used the SG presale code on ticketmaster and after about 30 tries of pulling up crap seats I had a pair of 4th row centers in my cart. I usually do the NIN presales but this time I went with the SG one because I'm not 100% sure I'll still be around Detroit this summer. So I was hoping ticketmaster would do physical tix but at least for the SG presale today it was also will call only. So I ended up letting the row 4s go and I'll try again later in the week for regular hard tix.

Tinley Park.  It was odd though.  Got on right at noon and immediately showed lawn.  Kept refreshing trying to get better tickets.   Got upper pavilion several times. Back to lawn. Just kept trying.  Was about to give up when I saw front row center stage pop.  Still can't hardly believe it.

I used the SG presale code on ticketmaster and after about 30 tries of pulling up crap seats I had a pair of 4th row centers in my cart. I usually do the NIN presales but this time I went with the SG one because I'm not 100% sure I'll still be around Detroit this summer. So I was hoping ticketmaster would do physical tix but at least for the SG presale today it was also will call only. So I ended up letting the row 4s go and I'll try again later in the week for regular hard tix.

That is exactly what I ran into.