[sold] Emery // The Weak's End, Test Press /15

Derek™

Go on..

Well he put the record out so I think he has a good idea. The test press has a screened cover and I know this as I recently sold my copy.

Edit: Here is a old auction with what the cover looks like http://collectorsfrenzy.com/details/130665909079/EMERY_The_Weaks_End_LP_TEST_PRESS_Vinyl_15_Underoath_Zao_Hopesfall_Converge

Just to be clear, I am in no way trying to pull a fast one on anyone.  I could've sworn that the test press was housed in a standard jacket, but I could be mistaken, and I'd easily take Dreamover's word over my own.  This is the copy I have on my (limited) shelf space for play; the test is in a separate crate with excess variants.  I will dig it out and take detailed photographs tomorrow.  Apologies for the confusion.  If all 15 copies are housed in that silkscreen jacket - which does look familiar - I can assure you that mine is as well.

[edit]

Yup, I'm a dunce.  The one I photographed was my single remaining copy on green and black.  Goes to show how long it's been since I've even handled this test press.  My other two tests were given standard jackets to be housed in, hence the confusion.  Thank you for catching that, Dreamover.

Edited by Derek™

Here's a frame of reference, and includes a pic (not saying what it's worth, just seeing some history):

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=emery+test&x=15&y=3

Edit: As I was typing, you posted KJM23>

Actually, those numbers are a bit lower than I was initially expecting.  I hadn't Popsike'd it, yet, but had full intentions to.  I'm going to be considering those two auctions as price-points for future negotiations.  That white /50 for $150 must have been a total fluke on Discogs.

I like Emery and I hope you're able to make out with the right amount of $ for this but this album is absolutely baffling to me.  I think Emery's decision to recently tour a 10th anniversary, full-album show of this record is equally baffling as well.  I just can't listen to it...it vastly pales in comparison to the rest of their discography and I really wish it wasn't the only Emery album on vinyl.  Respect to everyone who likes this album because you probably were exposed to it as their first record but man...I sure wish the rest of Emery's discography was pressed. 

Not sure why I felt compelled to post this....probably connected to the conversation I was having with a friend recently about how he had no interest in seeing his favorite band play this album all the way through live.  

Anyway, I'm rambling but consider this a free bump to help you sell this :)

these are the pressing numbers:

100 Black Vinyl
200 Clear Green w/ Black Smoke
200 Clear Blue W/ Black Smoke
50 White Tour Edition w/ Screened Obi Strips
15 Test Presses with Screened Covers

There were 30-40 copies (all colors random) that didn't have jackets that were in screened jackets that were different from the test jackets. 

these are the pressing numbers:

100 Black Vinyl

200 Clear Green w/ Black Smoke

200 Clear Blue W/ Black Smoke

50 White Tour Edition w/ Screened Obi Strips

15 Test Presses with Screened Covers

There were 30-40 copies (all colors random) that didn't have jackets that were in screened jackets that were different from the test jackets. 

Not that it really matters but the screened jacket copy I have is numbered out of 42.

Not that it really matters but the screened jacket copy I have is numbered out of 42.

Me too, I was told that these /42 were also part of the tour variants. However, my copy is clearly a clear green with black smoke 18/42. Not sure if my cover is the same ones as the obi's.

My bad. the screened covers are /42. I didn't have one in front of me. The vinyl contained in these were from the 500 regular pressing of black, green, blue. 

the /50 white with obi were the tour edition. they had the regular jacket with a numbered blue obi strip. 

I like Emery and I hope you're able to make out with the right amount of $ for this but this album is absolutely baffling to me.  I think Emery's decision to recently tour a 10th anniversary, full-album show of this record is equally baffling as well.  I just can't listen to it...it vastly pales in comparison to the rest of their discography and I really wish it wasn't the only Emery album on vinyl.  Respect to everyone who likes this album because you probably were exposed to it as their first record but man...I sure wish the rest of Emery's discography was pressed. 

Not sure why I felt compelled to post this....probably connected to the conversation I was having with a friend recently about how he had no interest in seeing his favorite band play this album all the way through live.  

I feel the exact opposite way, lol. Every album after this one to me slowly got worse. Then when Devon left things really took a turn for the worst. Give me The Question and In Shallow Seas and I'd be set. And also, in their last video question thingy they responded to me and said they plan to press everything under Bad Christian. How they plan to do so is another question, but they said it's a definite yes that they will happen.

I think $150.00 isn't a bad price for the test. I sold mine for close to that and probably could have gotten more if I put it on Discogs.

Interesting.  Do you know what you listed it under?  I noticed there's no entry for the test press.  I thought that maybe the $150 white copy was actually your listing in disguise, but I checked the history and comments and it was legitimately an obi-strip version.  Which still boggles my mind.  I may throw it up on Discogs if there's no real bites... ~$150 would make me very happy.

Yeah, this album was my jam in high-school.  The Question was, as well.  I don't listen to much Emery these days, but I still think those albums are very well done for their time.  I'm Only A Man is where this group really started to wobble for me.  There was some super catchy segments in that record... but listening to it today makes me cringe a bit.  I will say that they completely rebounded with Shallow Seas, though.  I can still throw that on and enjoy it.  I'd probably buy a copy of that one, despite sort of "done" with Emery's sound at this stage in my music ventures.  But that last album they released... man, that was awful.  Really, truly made me doubt the future of this band.  I sort of wish it didn't exist.

Long story short; this band is all over the place.

Actually, those numbers are a bit lower than I was initially expecting.  I hadn't Popsike'd it, yet, but had full intentions to.  I'm going to be considering those two auctions as price-points for future negotiations.  That white /50 for $150 must have been a total fluke on Discogs.

It should also be noted that of those two auctions, the most recent was march of 2012... just a thought.

Well he put the record out so I think he has a good idea. The test press has a screened cover and I know this as I recently sold my copy.

Edit: Here is a old auction with what the cover looks like http://collectorsfrenzy.com/details/130665909079/EMERY_The_Weaks_End_LP_TEST_PRESS_Vinyl_15_Underoath_Zao_Hopesfall_Converge

I wasn't questioning him lol I was merely trying to spark the convo about the picture, pressing numbers, etc. I know he pressed these btw. With that said, have you sold this?

• 3 months later...