Is it me, or did VC undergo a shift in taste?

moonbeams

No seriously, I've been in my house for six years and someone has let their dog shit on my lawn since I moved in. Every time I'm home and see a dog stop near my yard I get ready to pounce but haven't yet caught the bastard. It's sort of like VC, I peer through my old man eyes waiting for the latest Blink 182 repress thread to pop up so I can go in there and talk about how terrible they are and how dumb all their fans are for continually buying swirly vinyl after swirly vinyl.

Fact: No one around here has better taste than me.

(and the B-52s put out some great music as well as some later terrible music. They still put on a great live show)

I can't picture you as a curmudgeon.

No seriously, I've been in my house for six years and someone has let their dog shit on my lawn since I moved in. Every time I'm home and see a dog stop near my yard I get ready to pounce but haven't yet caught the bastard. It's sort of like VC, I peer through my old man eyes waiting for the latest Blink 182 repress thread to pop up so I can go in there and talk about how terrible they are and how dumb all their fans are for continually buying swirly vinyl after swirly vinyl. 

Fact: No one around here has better taste than me. 

(and the B-52s put out some great music as well as some later terrible music. They still put on a great live show)

last summer I had a neighbor pull that shit on me once as I was picking my dogs poop out of his yard, he said he'd call the cops if I didnt start picking up my dogs poop... as I held it in my hand.  I kindly told him to go fuck himself and now I make it a point not to pick up my dogs poop whenever my dog poops in his yard. 

Someone said this a few years ago when the first 311 represses went up for preorder:

This board was better when only one guy liked 311, and everyone made fun of him relentlessly.

I think the influx of bad music came when all the repress labels came in, released a few albums the old demographic was interested in, then released the floodgates on the 90s-00s represses of increasingly dubious artistic merit, and fans of that music found themselves more and more at home here. Combine that with an increasingly pog-like collector mentality, and boom, style overwhelms substance with no sweat. I don't know how to feel about the fact that the response to Good Charlotte being pressed isn't "fuck Good Charlotte in their watered-down trend-hopping major label butts".

I don't know how to feel about the fact that the response to Good Charlotte being pressed isn't "fuck Good Charlotte in their watered-down trend-hopping major label butts".

jhook kept it real, and was warned for it. :rolleyes:

I'm still new, but I was shocked when I found out some members have very little used vinyl in their collection. That is a huge part of collecting records for me - I've lost count of how many of my favourite recent albums have been picked up for next to nothing in local fairs/bargain bins etc.

I'm still new, but I was shocked when I found out some members have very little used vinyl in their collection. That is a huge part of collecting records for me - I've lost count of how many of my favourite recent albums have been picked up for next to nothing in local fairs/bargain bins etc.

I concur. I'm certainly not opposed to buying new vinyl, but when I can score good clean stuff for a buck an album I'll do that every time.

jhook kept it real, and was warned for it. :rolleyes:

I have been here about 2 years. I shared my opinion in the Good Charlotte thread and was handed a warning. I thinks its kind of lame. I find myself posting more in the non music related threads. The hardcore thread is really the only music thread that I post in regularly.

Someone said this a few years ago when the first 311 represses went up for preorder:

This board was better when only one guy liked 311, and everyone made fun of him relentlessly.

oh man!  didnt he change his name to "eric" or something and everyone forgot he was that annoying as fuck 311 superfan and became all chummy with him?