Writing off bands with stupid names

I feel like I've been catching myself a lot lately, when someone asks me if I like so-and-so band, and I say they suck, when in honesty I never gave them a chance because they have an awful name. The bands could be incredible or awful, but I'm curious what bands people have written off because of stupid names.

Portugal. The Man. is one for me. People seem to get real hard over this band, but I assume they suck because they have a stupid name.

Anyone else?

I wouldn't say I wrote them off, but I didn't investigate Touche Amore for a while because I thought they were some sort of froofy electronica lounge band. Obviously, not. Also felt that way when I saw the name Junius, it sounded like some electronic club music. Wrong again.

Now, whenever I see a thread about someone that I've never heard of, I just check them out to be sure that they suck as much as their name. I love it when I am wrong.

I wouldn't say I wrote them off, but I didn't investigate Touche Amore for a while because I thought they were some sort of froofy electronica lounge band. Obviously, not. Also felt that way when I saw the name Junius, it sounded like some electronic club music. Wrong again.

Now, whenever I see a thread about someone that I've never heard of, I just check them out to be sure that they suck as much as their name. I love it when I am wrong.

i love when i'm wrong too. for instance, i wrote off Mockingbird, Wish Me Luck until i bought a RFC 7" subscription. i actually really like those songs.

Thiis might prove unpopular on this board but Pianos Become the Teeth smacks of folks trying way too hard to be deep. Terrible name in my opinion.

i don't disagree, although i can't help but think that if their name was just Pianos Become Teeth it'd be much better and more fitting.