Writing off bands with stupid names

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Every time this topic come up, I have to mention Underground Railroad to Candyland. Worst name, best jams. Also this video rules.

Never been able to really get into any of Todd C's bands. It's just a whole lot of OK material to me, but nothing that really stands out. When Toys that kill opened for Teenage Bottlerocket seemed like Ray had to come out and start singing along and banging his head for anyone to really care about what they were doing on stage.

It took me a real long time to get into them. They're definitely "out there" as far as pop-punk etc. goes so I can understand the disconnect.

Everything Todd does is gold imho. Early F.Y.P is the best...

That said, my contributions are:

The World Is A Beautiful Place...

Touche Amore

Plus any band names that are mssng vwls or other klever spellingz of stuhf.

Ive always hated the name Megadeth, it is just trying too hard to be metal, but dammit if they arent great.

Murder By Death  turned me off for about a year or two with a dumb name, then I finally heard them when Who Will Survive... came out and was blown away by how good they were and how much they werent a shitty hardcore band.

Also Texas is the Reason because they sound nothing like you would expect a band named that song to sound like.

I was at a festival put on by  radio show once and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs were playing so I left the stage area and walked around and got some food. I happened to be walking by the stage again when they were getting off the stage. Karen O came up to me and asked if I wanted her autograph, she seemed really disappointed when I said no I didnt like her band.