RSD - Sunny Day Real Estate / Circa Survive Split 7"

Can I ask why all the Circa hate? Juturna, OLG, AND BSN were all good albums. They may not be a fitting choice for the split, but they aren't horrible.

Personal preference, I suppose. Im kinda glad Brendan took the initiative to get this going, to me it seems like a tribute to Sunny Day because without them there wouldn't be a circa survive.

Can I ask why all the Circa hate? Juturna, OLG, AND BSN were all good albums. They may not be a fitting choice for the split, but they aren't horrible.

They're a great band full of honest, hard-working and talented guys who have been consistently putting out strong records and touring their asses off since they started. I understand if it's not your style but any time I hear people bashing this band it just confuses me. Don't let crappy fans or stuff you read on the internet stop you from giving the music a good chance.

But regardless, love both Circa Survive and SDRE and I could not be more excited for this!

Gonna break up that chain, you guys are nuts.  SDRE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CS

And let it be known that I like CS.

I'll say it again, but why are these guys in the same conversation?  I understand comparing bands and whatnot, but these two bands seem to be in totally different worlds to me- from different eras, play different music, etc.  Just doesn't make sense to me.

I'll say it again, but why are these guys in the same conversation? I understand comparing bands and whatnot, but these two bands seem to be in totally different worlds to me- from different eras, play different music, etc. Just doesn't make sense to me.

A lot of bands do splits together because they like the other band's music. The likeness must be mutual between these two.