RSD - Sunny Day Real Estate / Circa Survive Split 7"

Is the Sunny Day song available for legal download anywhere?  Still need a copy of this release (hit me up if you got one), but I just want to listen to the darn thing in my car.

That being said, I liked the track a lot... seems like a logical extension of the original incarnation.  Doesn't fit with Rising Tide as much.  Kind of a more mature version of the first two albums.

Is the Sunny Day song available for legal download anywhere? Still need a copy of this release (hit me up if you got one), but I just want to listen to the darn thing in my car.

That being said, I liked the track a lot... seems like a logical extension of the original incarnation. Doesn't fit with Rising Tide as much. Kind of a more mature version of the first two albums.

I read on Facebook that the songs should be available in iTunes, Spotlight, etc on Apr 29th.

I finally got around to playing this tonight. 100% honest: I've never listened to Circa Survive. Holy Shit! Is this what that guy sounds like? I thought I had to play the CS side at 33 & 1/3 because that dude's voice is so awkward. Is this really what they sound like?

In other news, in my opinion, that SDRE song killed. I wish there would be another album of tunes like this.

circa is awful and sunny day real estate was/is really amazing. so this makes sense. 

I'm certainly not your biggest fan but I can agree 100% with you on this! 

maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale. 

I hated Circa Survive for probably 4 years before peer pressure forced me to give a long hard listen to some stuff. It grew on me very quickly and I'm currently in a period of not being able to stop listening to them. Might be a timing situation, might be my tastes have changed. Totally understand why they're not peoples' cup of tea (my first reaction was that the singer sounded even more nuts-in-vice than Coheed and was, thusly, a bridge too far).

What I don't understand is why people feel the need to pop on a thread and be all "This band fucking blows!" Is there some award for not liking bands that other people like?

I do agree that this song is not at all a representation of their best work. Seems a strange decision to make... maybe they wanted the Sunny Day song to slay all the harder in comparison? Maybe I should go around replying to everyone who digs the song to let them know that I think it sucks.

I hated Circa Survive for probably 4 years before peer pressure forced me to give a long hard listen to some stuff. It grew on me very quickly and I'm currently in a period of not being able to stop listening to them. Might be a timing situation, might be my tastes have changed. Totally understand why they're not peoples' cup of tea.

This is totally what cigarette addictions are like. if you're off them long enough, you'll start to think... "what was i thinking?!"

What I don't understand is why people feel the need to pop on a thread and be all "This band fucking blows!" Is there some award for not liking bands that other people like?

It's a thread about two different bands. Totally different situation. I can say one band is awful, one is awesome. Not that hard to understand. What's hard to understand is why people make such a big deal out of it. 

I couldn't find this discussed previously, but is there any way to tell what version (clear or maroon vinyl) the record is without opening? Does the clear have any particular sticker or identifying info.?

RPM

It was meant to be random so I highly doubt there is anything to identify it. If you have a sealed copy or an opened copy for that matter and you don't want it because it might not be clear the let me know. I will gladly pay you cost plus shipping for either color.

It's a thread about two different bands. Totally different situation. I can say one band is awful, one is awesome. Not that hard to understand. What's hard to understand is why people make such a big deal out of it. 

To be clear, I understand why people have the opinion and that the contrast of the two bands is stark. I just don't understand why people can't support the band they like without shitting all over the other one. If this was the GUK/Coalesce split, my comment would've been "Love that Get Up Kids take on the Coalesce song! Never could get into the vocals of Coalesce but to each their own." No need to make some broad statement extending to the fans or even to express bewilderment at the fact that anyone could possibly enjoy the band. In the years when I thought Circa Survive was the lamest band with the spazziest singer, I made 0 disparaging comments about them on this board (that talks about them constantly) because what's the point? Seems petty to me. But to each their own. (See what I did there?)

To be clear, I understand why people have the opinion and that the contrast of the two bands is stark. I just don't understand why people can't support the band they like without shitting all over the other one. If this was the GUK/Coalesce split, my comment would've been "Love that Get Up Kids take on the Coalesce song! Never could get into the vocals of Coalesce but to each their own." No need to make some broad statement extending to the fans or even to express bewilderment at the fact that anyone could possibly enjoy the band. In the years when I thought Circa Survive was the lamest band with the spazziest singer, I made 0 disparaging comments about them on this board (that talks about them constantly) because what's the point? Seems petty to me. But to each their own. (See what I did there?)

Yea but TGUK and Coalesce are both awesome, so that could never happen.