PO NOW Dikembe / The Jazz June Split - Spring via TE/TSR

Super cool! Will update as details unravel.

a2617055308_2.jpg

A. Dikembe - Healer Of The Pride
B. The Jazz June - Over Underground

Tiny Engines and Topshelf Records will be joining forces to release a split 7" between Dikembe and The Jazz June. The split 7" is set for a May release with pre-orders to come in April. Song premieres coming soon!

The Dikembe track comes from the same recording sessions that also spawned the band's upcoming sophomore LP, due out this Summer on Tiny Engines. It will follow up the band's previous TE releases, the Broad Shoulders LP and the Chicago Bowls EP.

As for The Jazz June song, this marks the first official recorded material for the band since their last full-length album, 2002's Better Off Without Air. It precedes new material to be released on Topshelf later this year. The band is also playing a rare show in Philadelphia on April 12th.

ORDER NOW:
http://tinyengines.limitedrun.com/products/526845-dikembe-the-jazz-june-split-7
http://www.topshelfrecords.com/products/526046-the-jazz-june-dikembe-split-7-inch

Pressing Information
300 Opaque Pink / Purple (Tiny Engines exclusive)
300 Opaque Blue / Gray (Topshelf exclusive)
600 White
800 Clear

Seconded HARD. It's actually the only one of their releases I enjoy, but I fucking love it. I'm not hopeful that I'll dig the new track, but the idea is cool and new Dikembe is always welcome.

I think they're gonna press it this year too, I can get into some of their other tracks but that record is solid throughout. Stoked on some new Dikembe also. The wait for the new LP (Mediumship?) feels like it's been forever.