Converge - Cruel Bloom/Wretched World

What's up VC? I didn't now if this is the right place to post a question like this, so sorry in advance if it's not. I've been meaning to ask this for a while : 

I really like the two songs that come at the end of Axe To Fall, "Cruel Bloom" and "Wretched World". Although these songs are obviously Converge songs from a Converge record - I feel like it's safe to say they contain unique sounds and are fairly different from most of Converge's material. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any artists and/or bands that had a sound similar to these two songs (or even other Converge stuff).

I don't even want to attempt to try and classify the sounds and feel of those two tracks for fear of being terribly inaccurate and henceforth banished from the VC forums, but if anyone could refer anything that sounds like those songs I'd be grateful.

- Zach

Most people who respond to this thread are going to inform you who is featured in those two tracks, and what bands they're a part of. But I don't think that's what you're asking for; i.e. Cruel Bloom doesn't really sound like Neurosis.

That being said, they're two pretty unique tracks. I'm going to think on this one and come back to this thread in a bit.

Most people who respond to this thread are going to inform you who is featured in those two tracks, and what bands they're a part of. But I don't think that's what you're asking for; i.e. Cruel Bloom doesn't really sound like Neurosis.

That being said, they're two pretty unique tracks. I'm going to think on this one and come back to this thread in a bit.

I thought about that too man, and you're right. Thanks for the heads up. Appreciate the thought.

I have forgotten this thread, but I'm drawing a serious blank on comparing these two tracks to anything else I normally listen to. They're pretty damn unique...

Yea, I've been thinking about this as well. Even though I would reckon that I've a rather broad music taste then I haven't be able to find something that sounds similiar to these two tracks...Pretty unique indeed.