[RSD 2014: Request Thread]

It's almost that time again.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I've had various individuals help me out with obtaining RSD exclusives, every year.  It's a great feeling to wheel and deal records within the community, and avoid eBay as much as possible.  There's always a thread to arrange the requests and establish who wants what, but I've yet to see one this year.  Instead of cluttering up the actual RSD release thread - which should probably be used to discuss new releases - feel free to post your requests here.  I doubt I'll be able to physically partake in RSD this year... but if I can pull some strings and make it happen, I'll be game to pick up anything this year.  There's not much I want at all.

I'd be willing to help as well, already requested the day off work so should be fine.

The only thing I'd like to request is that if the Twilight Sad repress only gets an EU/UK release like I keep reading might happen, if some Euro brodude/brogirl could pick up one for me that'd be lovely. That's the only thing I truly desire from the releases, except The Field, and of course it's the one that's up in the air.

Fingers are crossed - and it's still sort of up in the air - but I may be visiting Portland for a few days and partaking in my first ever RSD.  I'm generally opposed to masses of people, and scrambling / shoving to get limited items... but as someone who's been in The Hobby™ for a while now, I feel obligated to dive into RSD at least once.  I may be able to finally fulfill some requests this year, instead of just asking.

But in case that falls through, and any kind soul is willing to hook me up, this is all I'm eying at the moment:

OPN_main1_hires_zps48096846-470x352.jpg

ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER // COMMISSIONS I

$16.98

If anyone knows a brick-and-mortar shop that's able to order a copy or two, I'd appreciate it immensely.

So, I know this is a long-shot considering the small pressing quantity and the bands involved, but if by some chance someone finds a clear Circa/SDRE split, I'll definitely make it right and am willing to pay a pretty penny. I know it's going to be covered by many of the people who find one, I just don't wanna let my Circa collection die over a 7", on RSD no less.

That being said, I'm planning on going to a pretty cool record store close to here on RSD so I'd definitely be willing to help people out, since there's only a handful of things I'm going for. They used to get a pretty awful selection, but this last RSD (April 2013), they had literally everything I went for. Just be warned their prices are kinda shit on big-name stuff. My Manchester/GroupLove/FR split was only a dollar or two more than the suggested price, but Linkon Park was like $10 more.

Fingers are crossed - and it's still sort of up in the air - but I may be visiting Portland for a few days and partaking in my first ever RSD.

meet me at 2nd ave records and we'll hang out!

also, we should pre-ban people from requesting the circa/sunny split.

edit: nvm, kevin got that one started early.

Haha, that sounds like a plan.  There are a few rad VCers in the Portland area, if I'm not mistaken.  It'd be very cool to hang out and celebrate the madness that is RSD.

How do you pre-ban someone? You ban them before you ban them? Or is that banning them from banning them, like a double negative? Or are they double-banned?

This is going to be my toughest year yet for getting what I want, let alone helping anybody else. But I'd love to do anything I can. There are maybe six people that go to my closest shop and give a shit about RSD, but it's so small (they primarily sell CDs and coffee) that they have trouble pulling stuff sometimes.

Well I gotta try! Though with my luck all 100 of the clears will end up sitting in random stores that few people go to for years and years. :P Meh, I know it'll be hard to get and I know everyone (including me) asking for it will be annoying, but hey, there are some cool people around, so who knows.

YOU JUST DO IT OK??????????

Fair enough!

I thought I read somewhere there is a Sonic's Rendezvous Band - City Slang 7" coming out. That's the only thing I've seen so far that I really really want. I'll probably get the Jupiter repress, too, because my original copy is a little rough.

I always usually can find some RSD stuff after the day has come and gone at some stores in Philly, really curious as to what will be in on the actual day, but work usually gets in the way of that.  

Can anyone pick up a copy of Every Stone-Manchester Orchestra?  It's $2 I believe, I'd like a copy to go along with the deluxe bundle version.

Thanks!

I'm pretty desperate to get hold of Scott Pilgrim Vs The World: The Game - Anamanaguchi and the Blood Dragon OST record.

If anyone ends up with spares of those, I'd love to work something out.

And of course, I'll keep an eye out for everyone else in this thread's requests. I don't think RSD is as big over here which is why I'm worried about not getting the two records above, but I'll certainly see what my local store has on the day.