[RSD 2014: Request Thread]

Looking to get Slipknot - Subliminal Verses, sdre / circa split and 311 self titled. Already made the request to order to my favorite shop and was told "it shouldn't be a problem" and he said he would order as many as they would allow him to. now I just have to be sure I'm the first person in line :-/ ill help anyone out with whatever I can.

Fingers are crossed - and it's still sort of up in the air - but I may be visiting Portland for a few days and partaking in my first ever RSD.  I'm generally opposed to masses of people, and scrambling / shoving to get limited items... but as someone who's been in The Hobby™ for a while now, I feel obligated to dive into RSD at least once.  I may be able to finally fulfill some requests this year, instead of just asking.

But in case that falls through, and any kind soul is willing to hook me up, this is all I'm eying at the moment:

true_widow_cover.jpg

TRUE WIDOW // SELF TITLED

Cream vinyl

/ 350

$36

If anyone knows a brick-and-mortar shop that's able to order a copy or two, I'd appreciate it immensely.

hey man, TW 1st record is also the only thing I really HAVE to get this year - where did you find the info about the price? is there a place with more details about this release? (for ex which label is puting this out - End Sounds or someone else bought the rights from them?) I'm looking for this record for 2 years already...no luck. And I live in Poland, where there is almost none true record stores left (big corporation took over the market, no RSD releases there.... actually almost no interesting releases at all, mostly comercial crap) so I have about 0.001 % chance to get TW here and I'm looking for some online place to get it (or for some good soul on VC to get it for me;)

hey man, TW 1st record is also the only thing I really HAVE to get this year - where did you find the info about the price? is there a place with more details about this release? (for ex which label is puting this out - End Sounds or someone else bought the rights from them?) I'm looking for this record for 2 years already...no luck. And I live in Poland, where there is almost none true record stores left (big corporation took over the market, no RSD releases there.... actually almost no interesting releases at all, mostly comercial crap) so I have about 0.001 % chance to get TW here and I'm looking for some online place to get it (or for some good soul on VC to get it for me;)

A lot of the RSD prices can be found here.  Just search for what you're after.  Bear in mind that most shops will set their own price to what they see fit... but at least the MSRP can be located at Bullmoose.

A lot of the RSD prices can be found here.  Just search for what you're after.  Bear in mind that most shops will set their own price to what they see fit... but at least the MSRP can be located at Bullmoose.

don't know why, but this site doesn't load for me :/ is there any info about the label? I've already contacted one of my favourite music stores (musicfearsatan in paris) about this record but they had no idea who was releasing it...and I guess they don't know where to order it...

I mentioned this on the other RSD board but it's more suitable here:

I live in the UK and would love to get a copy of the Built To Spill album on green vinyl, which will only be available in the US Pacific Northwest. So, I propose that if some kind soul could get me a copy, I could get them an RSD item that's only available in the UK/EU.

Btw, having known the owner of the local record shop for years and the fact that I'm not able to make it to the RSD on the day, he very very kindly puts aside all the records I ask for. The reason I mention this is is not to create trouble but to show that if US folk require something I may have a good chance of getting it for them, as long as you let me know well in advance.

Any offers?!!

As of right now I'm looking for...

Surfer Blood - Pythons (Demos) "Punk version"

Anamanaguchi - Scott Pilgrim Soundtrack

(this one is a maybe as of right now as I'm waiting to find out more information about it... but...) Pretty Lights - The Hidden Shades

I'll most likely be at Daddy Kool records in St. Petersburg the morning of and keep them eyes peeled.

I asked at a couple of record stores and both told me they aren't even going to try to get the Sonic's Rendezvous Band - City Slang 7".

...I really absolutely super want it, so if anybody sees this at their record store, picked over because nobody in their town cares about some obscure Detroit band of nobodies that only recorded one stupid song...PLEASE snatch it up for me.

i'm looking to pick up:

Black Crowes - Warpaint (140g white vinyl 3xLP)

The Civil Wars - Live at Eddie's Attic (LP, 4500 copies)

Conor Oberst - "Hundreds of Ways" / "Fast Friends" (7-inch)

Conor Oberst/Dawes - "Million Dollar Bill"/"Easy/Lucky/Free" (split 7-inch)

I haven't gone through this thread entirely, but I'll go through and try to remember what some of you want!  Is there any failsafe so multiple copies won't be purchased?

The only things I'm even remotely worried I might not be able to find so far are Anamanaguchi - Scott Pilgrim: The Game OST and Oneohtrix Point Never - Commissions 1. If I can't find one of either of these (especially the OPN release) and one of you cutie pies can grab a spare, I'll gladly pay whatever you paid plus shipping, maybe even a couple bucks extra for the inconvenience.

Also, I'm totally down with helping people get stuff again this year. Price + shipping. You scratch my back, I scratch yours, that kind of thing.

How come some people that live in major cities with multiple (probably) record stores are asking for help? Just curious. Considering this far in advance, you could probably get off work for it. I know I'd much rather actually go to a physical store myself, just impossible when you live in Fairbanks. I guess I understand it on some of the more rare releases, but still. I should definitely get first dibbs for being helped out with that Gambino record. That's what this whole post was about.

How come some people that live in major cities with multiple (probably) record stores are asking for help? Just curious. Considering this far in advance, you could probably get off work for it. I know I'd much rather actually go to a physical store myself, just impossible when you live in Fairbanks. I guess I understand it on some of the more rare releases, but still. I should definitely get first dibbs for being helped out with that Gambino record. That's what this whole post was about.

Major cities = more people = less likely to get what you want.

I'll be stuck at work when the doors open and anything I care about will be gone by the time I get out.

Edit: Plus I don't have a car - so even if I make it to one shop when I get off work - if they don't have what I'm looking for its a bus or a train across town to maybe try my luck elsewhere.

Well I've actually got a job this year and have rsd off, so if I've got the spare money at the end of the month to help people out (it's literally the day before payday, annoyingly) I will do!

My main wants really atm are:

Mastodon live at Brixton 2xlp (with Dvd!)

Full of Hell split 12"

Could anyone in the UK/EU region get the live DCFC record for me?

I really want this too. If a UK VC'r wants a USA release in trade for it, I will grab it, if they have it at the store I am waiting in line at.

UPDATE: DCFC is listed on the Bull Moose website. I plan on road trippin' up there, the day before, in order to get the REM box. I have wanted that album for about two decades (The 91 performance).....and only 1000 being made. I better be there :unsure:

This is the first year that i am participating in RSD! I will definitely keep my eyes open to help some people out on here - do most record stores already have a list/idea of what they are going to get? Or should I wait to ask closer to the release of the official rsd list?

Unfortunately, stores don't really know what they are getting until they get it in from the distributor. They can place orders, but there's no guarantee of them being fulfilled.