[RSD 2014: Request Thread]

I feel like this whole thread is just people making requests with very few people saying they'll help unless everyone is PMing.

Anyway, to throw another request on the pile, I'd make it worth anyone's while who gets me the Paramore single and twenty one pilots- Vessel.

I made a comment about this a few posts ago and asked how it was handled and it got passed up and more people just kept throwing out more things they want. If there is no real order to this there is gonna be 10000 requests and no one buying anything to fulfill it. Or 25 people buying the same release to fulfill 3 requests

I made a comment about this a few posts ago and asked how it was handled and it got passed up and more people just kept throwing out more things they want. If there is no real order to this there is gonna be 10000 requests and no one buying anything to fulfill it. Or 25 people buying the same release to fulfill 3 requests

I've been doing some PMing, but I feel kind of full. Doesn't mean I won't take any more requests, just give me some time to get a bit more organised.

So if anyone finds a spare copy of either the sunny day split and / or the Death Cab live LP I'd take it thankfully as both these awesome releases don't make their way to Germany..sucks that the best releases don't get released everywhere while I'm able to pickup One Direction in every country... If anyone has definite plans and knows that he will be able to get me those just shoot me a message!

i'm looking to pick up:

Black Crowes - Warpaint (140g white vinyl 3xLP)

The Civil Wars - Live at Eddie's Attic (LP, 4500 copies)

Conor Oberst - "Hundreds of Ways" / "Fast Friends" (7-inch)

Conor Oberst/Dawes - "Million Dollar Bill"/"Easy/Lucky/Free" (split 7-inch)

I haven't gone through this thread entirely, but I'll go through and try to remember what some of you want!  Is there any failsafe so multiple copies won't be purchased?

The Black Crowes release is available on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/Warpaint-Black-Crowes/dp/B00IMR8WTO/ref=tmm_vnl_title_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396634733&sr=8-5

I've never been to a RSD (I basically stopped buying records around 12-14 years ago, recently picking up a few here and there) and I likely won't be able to make it to this as I have a pregnant wife at home and live in BF crap town Georgia, USA.  I'd have to travel to Athens or Atlanta and telling said pregnant wife that is a good idea to spend $100 bucks on something to fill our small, over filled house with won't work.  

TLDR - If someone wants to pick these things up, I'd gladly pay them: 

Cave In - Jupiter+rarities

Ramones 10"

Nirvana Pennyroyal Tea 7"

Death Cab For Cutie Featuring Magik*Magik Orchestra

The Cure/Dinosaur Jr. 7"

I figure nobody's replying because most don't know exactly what they'll be able to get their hands on come RSD. I've been skimming the thread just to see what kind of stuff people are after -- that way, if I see something with a lot of requests that I don't personally want, I'll grab a copy knowing someone here will take it off my hands.

I figure nobody's replying because most don't know exactly what they'll be able to get their hands on come RSD. I've been skimming the thread just to see what kind of stuff people are after -- that way, if I see something with a lot of requests that I don't personally want, I'll grab a copy knowing someone here will take it off my hands.

This is a good man. Ditto to his statement.

Thats a good way of looking at it. Ive always made RSD so im not used to having people grab stuff for others and i usually go with a few friends who collect so there is less keepig an eye out forothers since we are all there. It truely is a crapshoot for what a local store gets, i would just feel bad if people were grabbing copies left and right and then got stuck with them.

OK, I think that's everyone with a UK request PMd. There are request overlaps as you'd expect, but I'll do my best. I've got four stores to choose from, so I'd better work out my plan of attack.

Once the day has gone, I shall be posting links to locations that are potentially selling the requests I couldn't get. Most of them put the stock on sale a week later by the looks of it. Some may wait two weeks.

Hey guys. I'm going to be at Coachella for RSD. There's not a ton I want this year but if anyone could hook me up with any of these that'd be great:

- Charles Bradley - I Hope You Find The Good Life

- Conor Oberst/Dawes Split 7"

- Conor Oberst "Hundreds of Ways" 7"

- Built To Spill 12"

- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts 12"

- Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes 3xLP (depending upon price)

Thanks in advance if anybody can help me out. 

Hey guys. I'm going to be at Coachella for RSD. There's not a ton I want this year but if anyone could hook me up with any of these that'd be great:

- Charles Bradley - I Hope You Find The Good Life

- Conor Oberst/Dawes Split 7"

- Conor Oberst "Hundreds of Ways" 7"

- Built To Spill 12"

- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts 12"

- Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes 3xLP (depending upon price)

Thanks in advance if anybody can help me out.

I'll try my best. Any way you could grab me a Replacements print from Coachella?

All I really have to have this year is The Twilight Sad - Fourteen Autumns & Fifteen Winters

I skimmed the thread and see I'd be second in line to want this I think :P

It's UK only and a limited amount of 500.  any help appreciated!  this is a first since I usually just wait for some online store to put it up afterwards or eBay if really desperate, but I'm worried about whether it'll even appear there :P  of course, any help with seeing it online if it's not seen in stores is also appreciated after the day, thanks!

All I really have to have this year is The Twilight Sad - Fourteen Autumns & Fifteen Winters

I skimmed the thread and see I'd be second in line to want this I think :P

It's UK only and a limited amount of 500.  any help appreciated!  this is a first since I usually just wait for some online store to put it up afterwards or eBay if really desperate, but I'm worried about whether it'll even appear there :P  of course, any help with seeing it online if it's not seen in stores is also appreciated after the day, thanks!

You're right that you're second in line and I have added you to my list.

I had a look at two stores advertising it as for sale a week after RSD and they say they'll be selling for £25.99 and £26.99. Expensive even by UK standards.

You're right that you're second in line and I have added you to my list.

I had a look at two stores advertising it as for sale a week after RSD and they say they'll be selling for £25.99 and £26.99. Expensive even by UK standards.

Thanks!

Yeah I did see it listed on Norman Records (used to shop there) for the 25 price and am keeping an eye on that just in case.  the price did seem a bit high, but for my only must have, I guess it's alright.  my bday's in May so I can just deduct from my gift budget... heh

Sure others have asked, so help them first, but I'd be immensely grateful if someone could help me out with that BtS northwest release. I had no idea Oregon wasn't part of the northwest and my hometown in WA unfortunately doesn't have a record store that stocks records past 1990. Message me if you can. Thanks. Can probably throw in some money for your effort, as it will still be easier than making the drive to Olympia. I'm not variant crazy unless it's BtS.

Gang - My local is not getting any releases distributed by Cobraside. This means my #1 rsd want is not coming my way. I really need to lock in someone that can help me get The Beltones "On Deaf Ears" LP. This is a big solid as this is a seminal album in my 90s life. I can't express enough how rarely something I really want like this comes along so please be in touch.