Steelbook Collective.

ive been building up a small collection over the last year. when i started collecting them they were sorta rare and the companies made a great job designing them but lately there have been so many releases that came out as steelbooks... most feel like cash grabs. there are still a few really great ones.

ive been building up a small collection over the last year. when i started collecting them they were sorta rare and the companies made a great job designing them but lately there have been so many releases that came out as steelbooks... most feel like cash grabs. there are still a few really great ones.

I got you into them! Hahaha. Steelbooks are cool but sometimes over priced. I was replacing movies for a little bit but I slowed down alot and I'm only collecting the Disney and Pixar ones from Zavvi at the moment. I cant remember how many I had last time I counted but I'd say I have over 100 at least. I have alot of Disney, all the Resident Evil movies, and almost all the ones Best Buy has had available...

I got you into them! Hahaha. Steelbooks are cool but sometimes over priced. I was replacing movies for a little bit but I slowed down alot and I'm only collecting the Disney and Pixar ones from Zavvi at the moment. I cant remember how many I had last time I counted but I'd say I have over 100 at least. I have alot of Disney, all the Resident Evil movies, and almost all the ones Best Buy has had available...

yeah, i don't buy any international ones. if it's a double-dip, i don't really buy anything over $15. 

It does suck that I already have a lot of the movies for the Disney/Pixar ones I have pre ordered through Zavvi. I'm only double dipping because I know how Disney stuff can become very valuable. They cost around $33 each. The original Sleeping Beauty and Snow White steelbooks sell for over $100. The most I paid was $50 for Beauty and The Beast.

What is a SteelBook™
As defined by Scanavo, manufacturer of SteelBook™, "A SteelBook™ is the new, innovative, exclusive packaging for high profile music, video & games releases. Steelbook™ consists of a metal exterior and an inner core of plastic with the same dimensions of a standard DVD style case and designed for high volume automated packaging equipment."

Why Choose SteelBook™?
SteelBook™ offers something that the standard plastic case doesn't, Uniqueness. You don't showcase and take as much pride in those plastic cases like a true SteelBook™ Owner. I know, you are saying its just a metal case with the movie in it, but its more than that.
SteelBook™ they can offer various manufacturing techniques on a SteelBook™ can endure. They include these elements:
1) Print
By using high-tech printing techniques, we are able to design and create an almost infinite array of images. We offer print in offset quality using up to 6 colours. Printing on metal creates a premium photographic quality.

2) Lacquering
A combination of matt and glossy lacquers can be used to create special design effects.

3) Embossing
Embossing is a unique way to create extra appeal. While creating an eye-catching, stylish finish it also allows you to further emphasise your company logo, release title etc.
(1)

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=70477

Have a few myself: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=172279

What's your guys favorite artwork? Mine is the HMV District 9 steelbook:

8284_front.jpg

The Django Target exclusive is a close 2nd though:

68928_front.jpg

If anyone else here has a blu-ray.com collection, post here! I'm curious what movies everyone has in general

Almost bought that D9 one once but it was a different version with the wrong artwork. A lot of these spiked in price but I still hunt some down now and then. I may pick up the Miyazaki ones at some point. Definitely want the horizontal The Thing one too. The Kill Bill double set is sweet, Black Swan, Scanners. Idk, there's a bunch I want.

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/steelbooks.list -- great for finding ideas.

Yes! Love steels, it's become quite an obsession.

Here are a few (slightly outdated) pics I took in February: I added the newest in the last pic.

dsc00192.jpg

dsc00199.jpg

dsc00201.jpg

dsc00209.jpg

dsc00213.jpg

dsc00219.jpg

dsc00495.jpg

There are also two jumbos, one metal tin and one viva metal box in there for symmetry.

My fave so far are Iron Man (play.com), T2 (kimchidvd) and Django Unchained (UK).

Holy goddamn those are great. 

Universal is releasing a few new ones in that kind of comic book theme they have been doing.

http://steelbookreview.com/reel-heroes-wave-2-usa-steelbooks-pre-order/

Nice! I may have to score the Blues Brothers and Fast and the Furious ones.

I wish that I had jumped into this hobby before, but I could never pull the trigger. I can't justify paying more than $25-30 for these.

Holy goddamn those are great. 

Universal is releasing a few new ones in that kind of comic book theme they have been doing.

http://steelbookreview.com/reel-heroes-wave-2-usa-steelbooks-pre-order/

OOOO. I like that Jurassic Park one. Kinda sucks that I just bought all 3 on Blu Ray a few months ago.