Steelbook Collective.

For a point of reference-- I work in a Best Buy store, got inside 15 minutes before the store opened (on my day off no less) and still had a hard time getting one.

Either there weren't a ton of these to go around, or the demand was higher than any other steelbook I've seen released in a store. Probably both.

For a point of reference-- I work in a Best Buy store, got inside 15 minutes before the store opened (on my day off no less) and still had a hard time getting one.

Either there weren't a ton of these to go around, or the demand was higher than any other steelbook I've seen released in a store. Probably both.

Did you see people buying multiple copies? I never had an issue with a best buy steelbook before...I have a feeling the demand was high based on the hype of the moviee so people bought a ton to flip 

that being said, if anyone that lives in a remote area is able to snag me a copy, please help a brudda out <3

In UK this one had the lowest print run of all the Marvel Studios steels (not counting catalogue titles / re-releases). All the other ones got printed in tens of thousands, then Winter Soldier got only a 6k copies print runt, now GotG was 5k. If other countries got a lower run as well, it's no wonder they went so fast.

Kind of related, a quote I just read on HDN:

I was in the parking lot at best buy 10 minutes before opening. The parking lot had maybe 5 cars in it. These 2 older ladies (70s atleast) got out of their car and went up to the door to wait. I was thinking no way they are trying to get a steelbook, so I stayed in my vehicle because it was freezing....how wrong I was. My store had 2 copies on the shelf! They got them both! About 10 of us were just standing around in shock. I can't believe I missed this one

In UK this one had the lowest print run of all the Marvel Studios steels (not counting catalogue titles / re-releases). All the other ones got printed in tens of thousands, then Winter Soldier got only a 6k copies print runt, now GotG was 5k. If other countries got a lower run as well, it's no wonder they went so fast.

Zavvi? I bought that one because I am a sucker and it didn't have the logo on it. 

Did you see people buying multiple copies? I never had an issue with a best buy steelbook before...I have a feeling the demand was high based on the hype of the moviee so people bought a ton to flip

that being said, if anyone that lives in a remote area is able to snag me a copy, please help a brudda out <3

At my store no, but we did hear from a nearby store that a guy came in at opening and bought all 10 copies they had. It's unfortunate for sure; if you aren't personally aware of how sought after some of these are (my own general manager barely knows what a Steelbook is) and the ad doesn't specifically limit one per customer, a lot of stores just won't care or do anything. If I would have been working and saw someone do that at my own store, I would have for sure not just let it happen.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd either lose my mind or cure my OCD without these. I buy them from a specialized store in Germany, but it probably wouldn't make sense to import them to US because their shipping rates are insane. You can check here: http://www.steelbookcentral.com/steelbook-wraps-26-c.asp

I don't know how these fit, because some are more snug than others. They also have a bunch of different plastic hardsleeves for steels.

Don't know of any US retailers though.