The Wonder Years - The Greatest Generation out May 14th

Why do you have to put money on it? If he wanted to conplete his collection so badly, I didn't ask for money, just thought we could do a trade. Didn't realize that the only reason you should trade records is because of how much money you can get off of them in the aftermarket rather than helping interests. Sounds a lot like everyone on here promotes flipping instead of a community.

Regardless, its worth WAY more than a TWY record release press. I own both so I am impartial, you'd have to be an idiot to think that is a fair trade, I saw like one record release press of Suburbia go for $170, which was way too much, and that was more limited than TGG. You shouldn't talk shit about how people won't take your trade if you can't even approximate a record's market value, and I think the current price of Deja is ridiculous, but you're just being hypocritical- if Deja is only worth "70 or 80" to you, then what is TGG worth, maybe like $40? 

I was never trying to trade for it. I was just commenting on how he said it's worth 300-350

How is buying a $15 LP and immediately trading it for a $200 double LP any different from flipping........................................

Exactly!

I would offer him 40 bucks for the Record Release LP, which after shipping leaves him with a 20 dollar profit..

I bet he won't take that offer though....and that is why I didn't even bother making it.

If this is such a community why don't you help me out and sell me the record that I want for what it is worth...

Ya, that same dude yanked me by my shirt out of line as well and called me out for "checking people". I weigh 140 pounds and was not pushing just reaching over him to get one of the 20 raffle tickets they handed out to guarantee a record. He was a douchebag. Only was able to get me and my buddy a record though so couldn't get any for the boards, sorry.

People like this are the reason why I hate going to shows anymore. Maybe I'm getting old, but the thought of having to put up with something like that has no appeal to me at all.

Hang on, this has nothing to do with just "going to shows" unless the only reason you go to shows is to score exclusive merch. This is about bringing crazed collector mentality to an atmosphere that is only supposed to be about hanging out and enjoying music. It's like saying "this is the reason I hate going to record stores" after hearing somebody's RSD horror story. I don't fault the bands for it and obviously this guy is just a jerkoff, but this nonsense is bound to happen. It's still totally possible to enjoy a band live without getting caught up in this worthless "gotta have it" bullshit.

Been here over a year buddy.

Whether you've been here a year or five, it doesn't make a difference.  It gives you no excuse to be a dick.  Hell, if you've been here as long as you say, then you should know the best way to go about acting on here.  If not, then you should've just continued lurking because you've contributed to absolutely nothing.

Hang on, this has nothing to do with just "going to shows" unless the only reason you go to shows is to score exclusive merch. This is about bringing crazed collector mentality to an atmosphere that is only supposed to be about hanging out and enjoying music. It's like saying "this is the reason I hate going to record stores" after hearing somebody's RSD horror story. I don't fault the bands for it and obviously this guy is just a jerkoff, but this nonsense is bound to happen. It's still totally possible to enjoy a band live without getting caught up in this worthless "gotta have it" bullshit.

Nah I've never really cared about exclusive merch at any show I've ever went to (I think the only exclusive tour shirts I ever bought were back at the Blink/NFG show over a decade ago). I'm not even talking just about crazy collector mentality. I'm more so talking about botteling a bunch of kids and young adults into one place. Then having to deal with the few bad apples at the show ruining it for myself and a lot of other people. Whether they are there collecting something, acting like idiots, etc... Those types of people just tend to ruin shows for me at least.  As I've gotten older I just don't like to deal with it. I don't want to deal with "nonsense that is bound to happen" anymore haha. It may not ruin the concert experience for you. That's fine. It does for me a little. Also I'm not sure RSD and just going to a record store are comparable. RSD is a fairly hectic event...while just going to a record store is fairly casual.

I do agree with your sentiment though. That going to a show should mostly be about the band and the show and not the "gotta have it" stuff. I think the "gotta have it" items sometimes look cool. I've just myself never went just to get that stuff.