The Wonder Years - The Greatest Generation out May 14th

I emailed Hopeless complaining about the pressing, and they never responded.

what were they supposed to say? were you polite about it? because you probably could've politely asked if there would be a future pressing and noted that the general consensus about the pressing (which they probably already know) is unfavorable.

So I got my banquet records copy in the mail today (the orange version) and I don't have any idea what you guys are talking about. I think it sounds great. No surface noise at all. I think it is a little quiet I guess, but that doesn't bother me at all cause I can turn it up louder...I have to say that I should have waited for my vinyl copy to come before I listened to this album because I like it so much better now that I am not listening to it on my laptop...

And how fucked is it that I got my copy from the UK before my copies from Merchnow....I am a little irritated about that but hopefully I get the shipping confirmation soon...

Just got this in my email...

Dear Valued Customer,

Let us first start by thanking you for your purchase of The Wonder Years “The Greatest Generation” record. We would like to apologize for all of the delays with these items, as we are currently working with Hopeless Records to get all of the information possible for our customers.

The Red vinyl was scheduled to begin shipping today, but unfortunately due to an issue with pressing, it was been slightly delayed. At this time we have only received a portion of the shipment of these records.

Hopeless Records did let us know the rest of the vinyl will be arriving later this week to our facility. Today we will begin shipping some of the orders based on the bundle purchased. Once the rest of these items arrive to us, we will be shipping out the remainder of the orders immediately.

All tracking will be emailed once your order has been shipped.

We truly appreciate your patience, and would again like to stress that this delay is unfortunately out of our hands. If you have any additional questions or need to alter your shipping address, please email [email protected]

Thank you,
MerchNow Staff

" but unfortunately due to an issue with pressing...."

Are they acknowledging it sounds like static butt, orrrr are they ignoring that?

I bet what they mean is all that were originally pressed were the first numbers they had released (1500 red). They bumped the red variant up another 1500 (am I right on that?) after the vinyl copies sold out so quick. I'm wondering if they have been waiting on getting the additional 1500 copies actually pressed.

I bet what they mean is all that were originally pressed were the first numbers they had released (1500 red/orange). They bumped the red/orange variant up another 1500 (am I right on that?) after the vinyl copies sold out so quick. I'm wondering if they have been waiting on getting the last 1500 copies actually pressed.

This makes the most sense on the delay. What they could've done is sent out the first 1500 to those that ordered earlier (first come, first serve) or by the packages (higher price first). Both would've gotten the first batch out while waiting for the second batch. It would've flowed perfectly together.