The Wonder Years - The Greatest Generation out May 14th

3 hours ago, shadowkid33 said:

He was in charge of the vinyl purchasing at Hot Topic for a few years and was an active member of this board, so we’d be able to get inside deets on upcoming releases from him and offer up suggestions for pressings and stuff 

He was always a helpful guy and as honest as he could be without giving away “confidential “ information 

59 minutes ago, ckraus333 said:

Did he pass away or does he just not post here anymore because Hot Topic stopped selling records?

He left Hot Topic and went to work for someone else (I can't remember who). When he left HT, their entire record selling/exclusives went into the crapper. Not sure if he saw it coming and got out when he could or if it went downhill because he left.

Just now, nardes said:

He left Hot Topic and went to work for someone else (I can't remember who). When he left HT, their entire record selling/exclusives went into the crapper. Not sure if he saw it coming and got out when he could or if it went downhill because he left.

That sucks. I did not know that. Hot Topic got some good exclusives. I guess it's good for my bank account though.

3 hours ago, ckraus333 said:

It looks like Wax Bodega still has copies of their coke bottle clear/mint green split exclusive.

EDIT: Maybe not.

Yes. Do NOT try and order ANYTHING from them. I did in December and it was an absolute disaster fighting to get in contact and get my money back. I even tried to reach out to Josh directly and have been completely ignored. At one point I spoke with Dan directly via the Sun Drenched Pavement Society asking to have him let Josh know? He said he did, and. I never heard back.  The guy that was running it (Kyle) as completely ignored every attempt at contact.

1 hour ago, perryburner said:

Yes. Do NOT try and order ANYTHING from them. I did in December and it was an absolute disaster fighting to get in contact and get my money back. I even tried to reach out to Josh directly and have been completely ignored. At one point I spoke with Dan directly via the Sun Drenched Pavement Society asking to have him let Josh know? He said he did, and. I never heard back.  The guy that was running it (Kyle) as completely ignored every attempt at contact. 

It looks like the original location in Lakewood, Ohio closed about a year ago. Not sure if they ever opened another brick and mortar store.

https://patch.com/ohio/lakewood-oh/wax-bodega-closing-its-lakewood-store

Edited by ckraus333

53 minutes ago, ckraus333 said:

It looks like the original location in Lakewood, Ohio about a year ago. Not sure if they ever opened another brick and mortar store.

Interesting, I wondered what happened to them, I really loved holding out on buying records to see if they'd have a special variant.

5 hours ago, nardes said:

Didn't all of that happen after HT cracked down on the crazy sales they used to have on vinyl?  I always got the impression that Travis and the vinyl dept kind of flew under HT's radar for a while until they noticed they were losing money there.  When HT put a stop to it, Travis seemed to depart very soon after.

Anyway, hope he's doing well.  He was able to put out some great stuff during his time with HT.

Hi guys. I'm alive! I'm still check the board once in a while.

I left HT a couple years ago, leaving had nothing to do with the vinyl or lack of vinyl at HT.

That was really only a small part of what I did over there but it was definitely my favorite part of the job.

6 hours ago, travis said:

Hi guys. I'm alive! I'm still check the board once in a while.

I left HT a couple years ago, leaving had nothing to do with the vinyl or lack of vinyl at HT.

That was really only a small part of what I did over there but it was definitely my favorite part of the job.

We miss you. All your work over the years is definitely appreciated.

Edited by nardes

On 4/22/2019 at 1:56 PM, ckraus333 said:

It looks like the original location in Lakewood, Ohio closed about a year ago. Not sure if they ever opened another brick and mortar store.

Kyle went into the Air Force, which is why the store closed.