The Wonder Years - The Greatest Generation out May 14th

Yeah I know. I just meant that if preorders go up before a song, I'll probably hold out

Seems like all major pre-orders these days at least come with a song or there is a song released slightly before pre-orders. I doubt we won't be able to hear something before they go up, but I guess you never know. I'm hopefully though.

Interesting (at least to me) that the last album title was a Ginsberg quote and "Howl" begins:

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked,"

I know "The Greatest Generation" is this: "The Greatest Generation" is a term coined by journalist Tom Brokaw to describe the generation[1] who grew up in the United States during the deprivation of the Great Depression, and then went on to fight in World War II

but I thought it was neat it reminded me of the Ginsberg poem too...

I'm confused by your skepticism.

Band puts out two consecutive incredible records, third one is probably going to suck.

It's just the logic/assumption that streaks can't last forever. We all tend to assume that at some point the bands we like will put out a record that we don't enjoy. I can't say I'm in that boat, but I guess it doesn't hurt to go into these situations with low expectations so that one doesn't get their hopes up and end up overly disappointed in a record because they expected too much. That could certainly be the case for a lot of TSSF fans with this new record of theirs. So I can't say I blame him for having low expectations. It is what it is. There's no way to know what to expect until we hear something.

I hate the artwork but I'm curious as to what the motivation behind it is. I assume it thematically it goes with the music but as a stand alone it strikes me as oddly disrespectful. At the same time it might be one of their grandfathers and the music explores something within the family. I'll wait and find out for sure. 

Looking forward to the music either way. 

I also still have those two tix to Fridays show if anyone wants to go. 

I hate the artwork but I'm curious as to what the motivation behind it is. I assume it thematically it goes with the music but as a stand alone it strikes me as oddly disrespectful. At the same time it might be one of their grandfathers and the music explores something within the family. I'll wait and find out for sure. 

Looking forward to the music either way. 

I also still have those two tix to Fridays show if anyone wants to go. 

What about it do you find disrespectful? I'm sure Soupy and the band as a whole have their reasons for making the artwork the way it is. Even if it isn't a family member in the artwork, why would that matter? And who are we to impose our own interpretation on the artwork without even knowing what the band's meaning is behind it?

HAHA! Jesus Christ dude chill the fuck out! I did read your whole fucking post! I just think it's a little silly to be like "I found this to be oddly offensive" which was both preceded and followed by something like "well I'm sure the band must have their reasons, so I'll wait to hear from them". But you already passed your judgement without waiting to hear from them. No one else who has seen or posted in this thread has mentioned being offended by the artwork, so I thought I'd ask why you thought it was oddly offensive in the first place regardless of following that up with the more rational thought of waiting for the band's explanation.

Frankly I don't see how a cartoon devil lurking behind an old photo of a serviceman is offensive because it could mean any number of things and  I can't interpret what that could mean in the eyes of the band. The fact that you immediately assumed that it was somehow mocking the US military in some way or something along those lines, which is all I could assume, seems a little silly to me. Sorry for opening my big dumb mouth and asking an honest question about something you said after reading your whole fucking post. You seem a bit hot-headed for a mod...better keep that in check.

I post a musing. My first reaction. Not a bad thing for a message board. If I read you wrong, sorry for that. Not typical around here for people to read things through. Now, your personal judgement of me is pretty far off but you can have your opinion. Pretty sure you've been around long enough to know I'm downright level-headed person. Your last sentence certainly is a jab but I've taken far worse around here and out in the real world.

I've spent today remembering my Grandpa, my second father. I did so because I was sent for the first time a very rare photo of him from 1945 at Rosh Hashanah services at Okinawa. The dude in that photo is wearing the same uniform. Probably makes me a bit touchier since I miss him so damn much. 

I'm done on this one. I was clear.  I'll wait for the record. I'm looking forward to it. 

One of the songs is called "The Devil in My Bloodstream" so maybe this dude is a relative that committed evil war cries with the devil on his shoulder whispering in his ear...or something.

Stoked for the music and if it doesn't rule then I will be offended. I love the Upsides and Suburbia. I have listened to both much more than a healthy amount. 

I post a musing. My first reaction. Not a bad thing for a message board. If I read you wrong, sorry for that. Not typical around here for people to read things through. Now, your personal judgement of me is pretty far off but you can have your opinion. Pretty sure you've been around long enough to know I'm downright level-headed person. Your last sentence certainly is a jab but I've taken far worse around here and out in the real world.

I've spent today remembering my Grandpa, my second father. I did so because I was sent for the first time a very rare photo of him from 1945 at Rosh Hashanah services at Okinawa. The dude in that photo is wearing the same uniform. Probably makes me a bit touchier since I miss him so damn much. 

I'm done on this one. I was clear.  I'll wait for the record. I'm looking forward to it. 

Apology accepted. I didn't mean to take a jab at you really. I know a lot of people on here fail to read anything and it surely is annoying. I was just trying to help you out I guess, though maybe that last sentence did have some attitude in it which I am sorry for. I was just thinking that as a mod you should try to be as level-headed as possible at all times even then morons don't read posts on the last page or previous ones.

Anyway, I can definitely understand you being touchy on the album art with what you explained regarding your grandpa. I know how that is. And I assume that had something to do with you losing your cool with me, which I have noticed doesn't really happen with you ever. So I'm sorry for commenting on your modding abilities the way I did.

I'm confused by your skepticism.

Band puts out two consecutive incredible records, third one is probably going to suck.

I'm just skeptical about it. Of course I would love if its amazing, but I just have this feeling it won't. But I had the same feeling about Floral Green and I love that album. Maybe I should stop trusting myself hahaha

Names of the songs are making me think that maybe they will branch out and mature more on this record.

when I spoke with Soupy a few months ago, he seemed very excited about what the band has written in pre-pro for the record.

of course, bands always speak highly about their new work, so we'll see, but I have had no reason to really ever doubt Soupy.