The Wonder Years - The Greatest Generation out May 14th

• 1 month later...

I picked up the purple vinyl repress from Hot Topic while I was in Hawaii. I compared it to my blue marble first press. To my ears, the purple is a slightly better pressing. The vinyl is a little (very little) less noisy. But the overall sound is fuller than the blue pressing. The purple also used a different stamper and was pressed at GZ Vinyl. I'm not sure where the first pressing was done at. The matrix codes are different on both records.

Blue marble

Side 1: HR-771-1 SR/2@SRM

Side 2: HR-771-1 SR/2@SRM

Purple

Side 1: 119215E1/A
Side 2: 119215E2/B

I picked up the purple vinyl repress from Hot Topic while I was in Hawaii. I compared it to my blue marble first press. To my ears, the purple is a slightly better pressing. The vinyl is a little (very little) less noisy. But the overall sound is fuller than the blue pressing. The purple also used a different stamper and was pressed at GZ Vinyl. I'm not sure where the first pressing was done at. The matrix codes are different on both records.

Blue marble

Side 1: HR-771-1 SR/2@SRM

Side 2: HR-771-1 SR/2@SRM

Purple

Side 1: 119215E1/A

Side 2: 119215E2/B

Hm.

Is it worth buying though? 

• 1 month later...

I think this little tidbit of info warrants a bump of sorts. I asked the band in the VIP q&a session today in Santa Cruz about this sounding terrible. They said it's the fault of Hopeless and that they know it's too long for a single lp. Hopeless approached them about doing a third pressing, and they said absolutely not, unless they do it as a 2xlp. So, if it's ever repressed, it should be as a double lp according to the band.