The Wonder Years - The Greatest Generation out May 14th

Grabbed a copy. Heres to at least hoping the 2XLP format will sound good. 

Yeah.... anyone want to actually drop a link or reference to why "white vinyl is the most prone to surface noise"? I know Third Man in a video quickly mentioned that they don't like some kinds like Glow in the Dark because of surface noise. 

I can maybe see it...... I actually only have 3 LPS with any white: Streetlight Manifesto-THTT (which actually sound pretty bad IMO, but I was just assuming that was Victory and them not caring), but then the other two are both No Devotion singles from last year on Split B/W and the sound really good actually (but that's because their singles at 45). 

I've been pretty lucky with white vinyl. My copy of Moving Mountains self titled sounds amazing. Still, wish they did a black variant.

i also can't think of any white vinyl i own (a dozen or so, maybe) that have bad surface noise except maybe the dangerous summer's "reach for the sun." then again most of my white vinyl are from no sleep's 2012 subscription and i only listen to a couple of them on a consistent basis, so i don't know.

interesting that i hadn't heard about this white vinyl thing before. i always see people get ridiculed when they say black sounds best or some shit. but there's evidently some merit to choosing certain colors.

Just picked up the repress from a local distro. It's standard weight and mastered at 33rpm. It's a marked improvement from the single LP pressing. The vinyl is definitely quieter and the volume is boosted (but not distorted) since the grooves are wider. No big differences in the packaging except a different catalog number and the tracklisting divvied up to 4 sides instead of two.

Photo%20Jun%2013%202%2021%2019%20PM_zpsq