WTB: Danzig

danionly

This is probably a leap since it doesn't seem like a popular genre on this board but I'd really really love to own Danzig's ST album. From what I can see, it's going for ridiculous prices on ebay/discogs and theres a bootleg floating around that I'm not interested in.

If you have and are looking to sell his self titled, let me know. I'm also interested in Lucifuge or How the Gods Kill.

This is probably a leap since it doesn't seem like a popular genre on this board but I'd really really love to own Danzig's ST album. From what I can see, it's going for ridiculous prices on ebay/discogs and theres a bootleg floating around that I'm not interested in.

If you have and are looking to sell his self titled, let me know. I'm also interested in Lucifuge or How the Gods Kill.

MOTHER!

Seriously though. Great album and artist. I have the boot and am always looking for the original.

A record store in my town has this and posted it to their FB last week. The cover was pretty rough and they want $50. Also, the guy who owns the place is pretty fucking clueless about music in general and was recently busted for having a hidden cam in the bathroom.

How the Gods Kill also has a boot floating around. The original was UK only I think and always went for way too much.

The Danzig I boots I've seen have been on color vinyl. I had a red one I got for a buddy from a local record store. Sound was meh. 

I have originals of I and II. But don't get your hopes up of prying them from my hands. Hah.

American needs to get on the ball about reissuing I-IV. I don't know why the Samhain stuff is OOP either. 

As others have said, good luck. They are expensive, and with the bootlegs floating around, it can get really annoying. A couple of years ago I tracked down 1-4 and it was NOT cheap. I had to get 3 and 4 from a Japanese seller, but in the end, the price wasn't bad. There is a black vinyl bootleg of 3 out there, so don't be fooled. I paid between 50 and 80 apiece for the 4 of them. All US presses except for 3 which is the official Euro press (there is a UK and Euro press with different deadwax info).

I will say that I don't think they are a huge improvement over the original CDs, but I know sometimes it's just good to have on vinyl.

These will NEVER be repressed until Danzig and Rubin patch things up or a sole entity owns the controlling copyrights.

Again, good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Call me stingy but I really hate how the bootlegs look. I don't mind colored vinyl, but for this, it looks kind of tacky to me.

I've been scouring the 'bay and I would be willing to pay those prices (usually around $50-$70) but I thought I'd try here first. Rather give my cold hard cash to someone here than on ebay.

I saw on instagram recently that a shop had put one up for $20 and the first commenter jumped on it. Part of me is hoping I'll have that luck haha.