Nicholas J. Lyons user: circa22 on Discogs

jeremybentham

Anybody know this kook??

Or why he's trying to shyste me on Discogs??

He just "sold" Thrice's Alchemy Index and a few other high-ticket items, so be warned if you bought from him, your stuff ain't gonna show up.

Holla.

From what I can gather, he sold some dollar bin stuff to gain feedback, then adds high demand items at not quite 'too-good-to-be-true' but indeed, very reasonable prices.

I paid on Feb. 12th.

Received a Priority tracking # w/insurance. (impressed, I was)

I had still not received it on Mar. 3rd and contacted seller.

I was told "Terribly, sorry. There was a mixup at the post office and SSTB was sent to the wrong person, and they sent it back to me. I should be receiving it tomorrow, so I'll be sending it out to you tomorrow! Sorry about the delay."

He received his first negative shortly after this communication.

Now I'm curious, and reached out to the buyer that left the neg. feedback, in the hopes that he received MY record by mistake, and that if he sent it to me, I would refund him for his original purchase and for shipping my record to me. Then, depending on whatever happened with Paypal, I'd get a free record, and the other buyer would still be out the record, but would have been refunded doubly. Alas, he received The Mommas & the Poppas, but wanted Herman's Hermits.

I just wanted SSTB on green for $50.

Refund via PP is pending. received.

BEWARE!!

bump. Didn't notice this thread, and made a purchase for...the copy of SSTB that OP tried to buy. now been over a week and no tracking info provided and being told on three separate occasions that it "will be sent tomorrow". He updated the status to shipped, but clearly has not sent it as no tracking is provided, I mean how hard is that to do if you actually mailed it; I even mailed him before hand to ensure that tracking would indeed be provided. Really friendly at first, but once he gets his money, he is a hard dude to get ahold of. This guy is a piece of work and needs to be banned from the interwebs. Also a pure idiot, because all of these scams will be reversed in the end so whats the point? There ain't no gifting through Discogs! Anyways, avoid at all costs no matter how tempting of a deal it may seem to be. Remember, just because something is listed by someone, doesn't mean they actually have it. He now has a 55.9% feedback score on there so hopefully thats enough, but man am I peeved for spending as much money on this headache that I have. 

He claimed my record was sent back to him due to a "smudged address" and was worded almost exactly the same as the other message posted above. He claims to have re-sent it, and I'm waiting still. I already filed a claim because I still don't believe it. So sketchy. If I receive it this coming week I might remove the claim but other than that it still stands as a scam to me.

smudged address?? hahaha. I have sold over 400 records online in my time and about half of those had the address written directly on the mailer. Unless he wrote it in pencil, he's gotta come up with some better lies. I truly don't get why people don't just be honest about it, but instead avoiding communication or making up lies about the situation. Shit happens, people understand that, but when you start making up lies and avoiding everything, it all becomes a clusterfuck. Truly an annoyance and the bane of the hobby, but nobody fucks with Kyle J Kenney! Nobody I tell ya!

smudged address?? hahaha. I have sold over 400 records online in my time and about half of those had the address written directly on the mailer. Unless he wrote it in pencil, he's gotta come up with some better lies. I truly don't get why people don't just be honest about it, but instead avoiding communication or making up lies about the situation. Shit happens, people understand that, but when you start making up lies and avoiding everything, it all becomes a clusterfuck. Truly an annoyance and the bane of the hobby, but nobody fucks with Kyle J Kenney! Nobody I tell ya!

Yeah man, sucks that he ripped off that many people. He's been super hard to get ahold of too but quick to take everyone's money. Hopefully paypal will catch up and take the money back from the claims that people file. Especially if enough people file claims they will have to assume just based on the majority of people with positive feedback and no bad history filing claims on one person who's clearly ripping off multiple people.

So Paypal sent me a message saying that this dudes bank account didn't let them process the payment (refund) to me and is now pending for ANOTHER 2 weeks. I'm starting to get kind of pissed cause of the time and effort I'm now putting into this just to get some fucking money back was stolen from me with proof. Along with a handful of others.

How does the claim thing typically work? Is there something I'm doing wrong? I escalated the dispute to a claim but that was over 2 weeks ago. Provided information clearly proving he scammed me and others.

So Paypal sent me a message saying that this dudes bank account didn't let them process the payment (refund) to me and is now pending for ANOTHER 2 weeks. I'm starting to get kind of pissed cause of the time and effort I'm now putting into this just to get some fucking money back was stolen from me with proof. Along with a handful of others.

How does the claim thing typically work? Is there something I'm doing wrong? I escalated the dispute to a claim but that was over 2 weeks ago. Provided information clearly proving he scammed me and others.

You can call paypal directly to get more info.  

I got the same email today, but PayPal decided in my favor for the claim, took them less than a day to do so once I escalated it from a dispute to a claim. This guy finally responded to me and gave me some sob story about how now so many people despise him and he worked so hard to make his discogs account what it is, which is pure shit b/c hes been on there 6 months and has a 50% rating, and how he had a friend log in and sell some stuff for him? I had to report his account to discogs, file a claim, and send him about 5 messages before he responded. This is becoming quite the nightmare. All for a goddamn Coheed record. I'm going to call PayPal right now to see whats up

so I just talked to PayPal and they said that they try and pull the money from his linked bank account, which failed obviously cuz this dude has several claims against him and I'm sure our money has already been spent, and then since it failed, they try yet another time. After 2 tries they just manually give you the funds back. So basically, they are covering their ass to ensure they lose no money, and don't care tooooo much about the people that get scammed within their system. Good ol' middle man making you feel like a chump.

so I just talked to PayPal and they said that they try and pull the money from his linked bank account, which failed obviously cuz this dude has several claims against him and I'm sure our money has already been spent, and then since it failed, they try yet another time. After 2 tries they just manually give you the funds back. So basically, they are covering their ass to ensure they lose no money, and don't care tooooo much about the people that get scammed within their system. Good ol' middle man making you feel like a chump.

After 2 tries paypal stops and expects the scammer to pay themselves? Or after 2 tries and failing, paypal refunds the person (me) regardless?

I got the same email today, but PayPal decided in my favor for the claim, took them less than a day to do so once I escalated it from a dispute to a claim. This guy finally responded to me and gave me some sob story about how now so many people despise him and he worked so hard to make his discogs account what it is, which is pure shit b/c hes been on there 6 months and has a 50% rating, and how he had a friend log in and sell some stuff for him? I had to report his account to discogs, file a claim, and send him about 5 messages before he responded. This is becoming quite the nightmare. All for a goddamn Coheed record. I'm going to call PayPal right now to see whats up

And regarding his sob story, I probably made him feel like shit when I sent him a message ha. Basically letting him know what he does to the people who get scammed and that there are a handful of people who caught on to his bullshit and are teaming up in order to get their money back. And that he's basically fucked out of creating a paypal account in the future, selling records online, gaining my respect, etc.

I really wish I had seen this thread. I also ordered from this trash on the 5th and have since filed a claim after he lied several times claiming that my record had shipped, but then suddenly told me he mixed my order up and haden't shipped anything. I said "fine, give me a refund" and he kept trying to stall me to "wait a few days" after I had already waited 3 weeks.

When I looked at his feedback he only had a couple negatives, and then 3 more showed up after I had paid. I have also now left negative feedback on his account and my Discogs username/profile is the same as it is here.

His feedback is down to 41%, so hopefully no one else will be fooled into buying from this idiot.

After 2 tries paypal stops and expects the scammer to pay themselves? Or after 2 tries and failing, paypal refunds the person (me) regardless?

paypal will refund us regardless if they can't get this fool's money, which they won't and I tried to tell them, but I know customer service can't do too much to counteract policies in place. So just the waiting game now! I'm expecting it by the end of the coming week. What a headache. Ultra-nerd angriness in me comes from me passing up a Good Life record I've been on the hunt for to make a purchase from him. first world problems, man: I gots dem.

paypal will refund us regardless if they can't get this fool's money, which they won't and I tried to tell them, but I know customer service can't do too much to counteract policies in place. So just the waiting game now! I'm expecting it by the end of the coming week. What a headache. Ultra-nerd angriness in me comes from me passing up a Good Life record I've been on the hunt for to make a purchase from him. first world problems, man: I gots dem.

Okay. Well that's good to know at least. What a douche bag, he seemed to have told everyone the same/similar thing. He also told me to "give it a few days" and then he would refund me. Luckily I scored a copy of this album since then in a trade, so it's all good. I just want my money back that he stole.