So I'm in Portland, ME (What to do?)

What does a vinyl collecting, craft beer loving, vegetarian do while in these parts of town? I already made a detour to Boston for the Aquarium, Newbury Comics, tasted some Harpoon Brews for brunch/lunch, and ate at some Tavern. Checked out some of the market places before beating out the rain storm on my way to Maine. All I have to show from there is a $36 parking ticket (you do not get to keep) and Black Flag's "What the..." LP I got 50% off :P

I'm currently saying over by the harbor/port or whatever it is referred to, going to try to find some things to kill all of Thursday's time with....so far I have googled some record stores and ate at the Flatbread Company.

Bull Moose on Middle Street is your best bet. Enterprise Records has some stuff but mostly older.

Green Elephant has great vegan Asian stuff. For beer you can take a 5 minute drive to Allagash or a 20 minute drive for Maine Beer Co. Breweries. If you want to drink at local bars hit up Novare Res (look for the sign the entrance is behind a building) and Infiniti. You can walk to both.

Tater Tots from Blue Rooster late night. Need anything more specific, just ask!

131025-black-flag-what-the-cover-art.jpg

you spent money on that?

ahaha yea I told my girl I wasn't leaving Newbury without something....so I'll add it to my BF discog :P PS there is one or two good songs on it, for the 50% sticker :P

Speaking of 2013 mistakes, anyone see that Mike Vallely is replacing Reyes!? All I will imagine seeing BF now is him beating up 4 dudes in a parking lot :P

Shit man if you want to visit VC family stay right in portland and see 3 generations of mine.

Green Elephant is 100% veg, their tempura asparagus salad is the shit. Lots of cilantro so if you don't like that, leave it off.

The portions aren't huge probably makes a better lunch option. The Good Egg / Pepper Club has meat and veg options. Same building.

There is another craft beer bar called the little tap house on high street. Pretty walkable. If you want to bring some beer home the Bier Cellar on Forest is your spot.

Hit up the brewhouses and then visit all of VC's family is going to be my day :P

Also Bangor? I think I passed a bank or something with that name coming from the UNE campus yesterday

Yea, it's a pretty decent sized city. Might be the 3rd largest in the state? Wouldn't suprise me if there were banks or other things with Bangor in the name. I'm bot exactly sure where it is in relation to where you are (i really should though) but I think it's a couple hours inland from the coast. Also, don't know how close it is in relation to where you are or if you have the time and money, but Bar Harbor is a cool little town. Love visiting there. If for some reason you find yourself in Bangor, drive by Stephen Kings's house and check it out. It's pretty neat!

Went to the Allagash brew tour at 1pm, got to sample their 4 beers on tap! Then proceeded to buy $68 of bomber bottles of the Dubel, Trippel, Cromieux, Black, and whatever the $20 bottle was :P

Then I hit up some Grille Bar that had the best Mushroom and Pesto pizza I have ever had in my life.....why is the local Maine goat cheese the best in the world?!!?!?

Also Maine Co beers are pretty legit!!!

Hit up Bullmoose and picked up The Locust LP w/ 2 wax packs in hopes of pulling the Such Gold 7"...... first pack I opened was a Blue variant of Such Gold/Placeholder

I'm back at the hotel now, so anymore recommendations would be rad!!! Hitting up Green Elephant for dinner!

PS - my location is the Hilton Bay suite, so I'm off Commercial St. so anything close to here would be appreciated, or lets grab a beer?

Sweet ass day. The Little Tap room is a block or two from GE, which you can walk to easily before or after dinner. There is also a bar RIGHT next door to dinner, called the Downtown Lounge I think. Nothing fancy, but they got drinks. 

Novare Res in on Exchange St., look for their sandwich board on the left side of the street if your back is to the water. Probably a few minute walk from you, they would be Portland's biggest beer bar. It can be a little tricky to find. That is walkable from your hotel. Technically dinner is walkable but if it is cold might want to get that taxi. 

Not drinking things aren't my forte.

^^ will do, I think we are about to head out to check out the dog shoppes (for the GF's toy poodle.) Going to try to hit up these places tonight! 

Cold can't stop me, I live in the middle of nowhere for school and I'm a door guy ar a night club, I used to 5-6hr shifts next to -10 to -40 degree weather. Believe me, this cold feels like summer!