PO: Of Sinking Ships - The Amaranthine Sea

It seems that way...it's been 4 months since release date of this album and I'm STILL holding out to listen for the first time on wax..kind of peeved. They could at least give some kind of update you know?

Actually, the release date was "sometime in May", so this is anywhere between 2 and 3 months delayed, not 4.

Also, while this delay is a little on the longer side, it is (unfortunately) not that unusual for these small time labels.  They tend to get jerked around a lot by plants.

Brent is the type that will update you if there is actually something to update.  What is he going to say right now? "Sorry guys, I'm still waiting to receive these, or I would have already had them mailed out."

That is exactly what he should say to be honest with you. I would never sell a record and not mention a single thing to the people that bought it if it was being held up as long as it has.

I wasn't doging on broken circles at all. I think they are a great label but communication is the best customer service.

Just a quick tweet or email is fine. As I'm typing this, I realize he sent out an email just a few days ago about the hold up. Those emails are what I'm talking about. Just a little info letting us know what's going on. I'm glad he finally sent one but I wouldn't have minded if it had been 2 months ago. I would have never held off listening to this for so long.

That is exactly what he should say to be honest with you. I would never sell a record and not mention a single thing to the people that bought it if it was being held up as long as it has.

I wasn't doging on broken circles at all. I think they are a great label but communication is the best customer service.

Just a quick tweet or email is fine. As I'm typing this, I realize he sent out an email just a few days ago about the hold up. Those emails are what I'm talking about. Just a little info letting us know what's going on. I'm glad he finally sent one but I wouldn't have minded if it had been 2 months ago. I would have never held off listening to this for so long.

Yeah, I'm not on the same page at all here.

I have a brain, if there's no news I don't need someone telling me that to figure it out.

No update means there's nothing to say.  It's patronizing.

So it's offensive/rude for me to want some communication with a label? I also have a brain and this board has tons of topics on pre orders and half of them get held up. I guarantee you that most people in those threads would be saying the same thing as me if they were waiting for a record and the label wasn't saying anything. You most definitely aren't on the same page as the general population when it comes to knowing/wanting good customer service. 

Just for an example here. If you pre ordered a PS4 or XBOX ONE when they were announced and you were expecting for yours to arrive on the date you were told and then you didn't get it for another 2 or 3 months, you would be wanting some kind of explanation. Why is it different with records? Even though this happens more often in the vinyl community, you are still allowed some communication from the label and why/what happened. There have been multiple labels on here screw a lot of members over when it comes to ordering a record and those members never see the record and sometimes don't get their money back. You may feel like you don't want an explanation and that is your prerogative but others on here might. You're wrong in thinking that how you would want things is how it should be for everyone.

It's just the way my brain works man, I'm the type of person that gets pissed off if I walk into a store and an employee comes up and asks if I need any help.

No, fucker, I'll come to you if I wanted your help.

EDIT: also, I never said that everyone should think the way I do.  I just shared my opinion on the matter :)

The issue is that those records were released on trustkill, which is now dead.

The distributor that owned the licensing rights was also bought by another distributor.

So basically neither the band nor Josh from Trustkill can approve a record release...and goodness knows how expensive the rights are from the company that owns them now!!!

• 2 months later...

I hate to just be complaining about this but these still aren't in customers hands. It's been another 2 months and not a thing. I'm really thinking about cancelling but this band is too good. I emailed Broken Circles again and hope to hear something soon. I know if there was something to say he would say it but you know he hasn't been sitting around for the last 2 months just waiting for these to arrive. He has to have some kind of contact with the pressing plant and why he still hasn't received these records. Again, I'm not dissing the label. Delays happen but 5 month delays are a little different than a few weeks or a month.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, tsheaz28 said:

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I recently bought the purple variant through the broken circles webstore. It's been almost two weeks and no shipping notification and no replies to my e-mail inquires. Did the label go under? The LP still showed in stock. Am I going to have to open a paypal dispute?

Naw, you're good, Brent just gets busy sometimes, more than likely it's already shipped out.

The best way to get in touch with him is usually Twitter, actually:  https://twitter.com/brokencircles

Nice purchase, BTW, I love my copy!