Brown Plaid - 9song 7" Out Now! For fans of Screeching Weasel, 88 Fingers Louie, Gorilla Biscuits

Just finished pressing my 1st 7" - Brown Plaid - Chico's Revenge

Long Island NY punk influenced by Screeching Weasel, the Queers, 88 Fingers Louie, Gorilla Biscuits.  

Fast, snotty, short, melodic pop punk songs.  9 songs on one 45rpm 7"

*record includes digital download

Check out the whole record here:

http://brownplaid.bandcamp.com

$6ppd - PM me or send email to [email protected] or paypal [email protected] if interested.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

bump it with a review:

From Jersey Beat, 

"Long Island New York’s Brown Plaid claim to have written this record while “drinking beer, listening to Screeching Weasel, and watching cats poop in a dirty basement”: while the amount of cat excrement and beer is unknown, the Screeching Weasel influence is blatantly obvious. This is fast, hyper-melodic punk played with an abundance of goofy fun and obnoxious attitude. Nothing here lasts over a minute and a half and the guys pride themselves on avoiding the trappings of a famous punk act that Brown Plaid skewers on “I Hate the Sex Pistols”. It’s strange to think that the Pistols have become the Pink Floyd of modern punk bands-just as Johnny Rotten once defiled musical royalty by hand-scrawling “I hate” above Pink Floyd’s name on a t-shirt, Brown Plaid rips Mr. Lydon and his mates for crafting “four minute songs on a major label” and selling “shock value like Marilyn Manson and image like Good Charlotte” (Ouch! Really?! Good Charlotte?) The song is the centerpiece of this nine-song effort with other highlights including the Queers-inspired “Hippies” (imagine a sloppier version of “Granolahead” with the lamentations “why don’t you take a shower, why don’t you get a job, put down the bong and shave your armpits”) and “Guidos”. There are a few unabashedly silly moments here such as “Flapjack Faceslap” and “Baby Wants a Bottle”, a song detailing the moment when your girlfriend tells you that she does not drink beer out of a can. Every song is supremely harmonious, even if the harmonies are gone after thirty or forty seconds. Brown Plaid is not trying to change the world-they simply want to help people forget about it for about it for a few minutes."

Review: http://www.jerseybeat.com/quinlan-chronicles.html

Listen/Buy Here: http://brownplaid.bandcamp.com