Fred Phelps, Founder of the Westboro Baptist Church, near death

Not sure if this warrants a new topic, but I found it interesting. If not, i'll delete it. 

Anywho, the guy who founded the Westboro Baptist Church is close to death according to one of his excommunicated sons. 

Also found it interesting that Fred himself was excommunicated in August of 2013...

http://cjonline.com/news/local/2014-03-16/son-fred-phelps-sr-says-father-voted-out-church

I know the guy is an asshole, but I think more impact would be made if he dies and fades into obscurity with only his family caring that he's dead. The more attention you give to these kinds of people, the more they seek. And of course the dictum is true: hate begets hate. 

I know the guy is an asshole, but I think more impact would be made if he dies and fades into obscurity with only his family caring that he's dead. The more attention you give to these kinds of people, the more they seek. And of course the dictum is true: hate begets hate. 

I'm not overly familiar with him personally but am familiar with WBC. While they believe vile things, to wish death on this guy is just as hateful as they are.

I think not picketing would be the best option. What they did was vile, disgusting and hateful. Stooping to their level would be pathetic and cruel. It's about being better than them, not playing their game

True, I guess I was thinking if it was the opposite of how they picket.  Showing signs of love instead of hate, you know what the Bible actually stands for...

I started watching documentaries on the group and I found the children most fascinating. Especially with a large of them leaving by choice.

They interest me, the children who blindly follow the ideals of the adults interest me. The adults so rooted in their disgusting hate do not warrant attention.

I started watching documentaries on the group and I found the children most fascinating. Especially with a large of them leaving by choice.

They interest me, the children who blindly follow the ideals of the adults interest me. The adults so rooted in their disgusting hate do not warrant attention.

Which documentaries? I would be interesting in watching those.

While I never advocate or wish for the death of another, our country will be better off without this guy and anyone who thinks like they do.  Bon Voyage!

Agua (I'm mobile so no clue how to reply)

I've seen those docs. It really is fascinating. One of their members was a filmmaker who was creating a doc on them who got sucked in.

Nate Phelps is worth checking out. He's a former member and a son of the family who was excommunicated after running away.

They interest me, the children who blindly follow the ideals of the adults interest me. 

You realise that is every religion on earth. No sane person, would read the bible and believe it was true, without it being forced upon them.

Hands up how many have read both the old testament AND the new testament from start to finish? And how many believe in it because it makes sense? The only answer is to have faith. Because faith doesn't need to make sense, or have facts.

I have, It's bogus. 

In saying that, I hope Fred Phelps just passes away in his sleep. No pain. Just cold and all alone. I also hope his family wake up to themselves now this bigoted fool is in his final days.