Fred Phelps, Founder of the Westboro Baptist Church, near death

Just read through this thread. I had no idea he was on the close of death and now dead. The world is a better place without people like this preaching hate and creating a cult. I am torn on the idea of people picketing his funeral. For all of the families and individuals who have had the funerals of loved ones disrupted because of this asshole, I get it. Its hard not to get it why those individuals would want to create absolute chaos during his.

But at the same time, like others have said in this thread, this guy doesn't deserve any of our attention. It would be great for not a single person to show up.

Ultimately, he is gone.

...and I need to remember to go back and watch the Russel Brand interview.

Hahah! Funny you say that... my dad passed away a couple years ago and was buried in Florida, where he lived in his later years. So I'm planning on driving down once I'm done a big project at work.

In the sooner term, I finally get to pick up speakers for my turntable (yes!!), rearrange stuff, and hop on a separate phone plan, maybe with a shiny new iPhone :]

Also planning on hocking that engagement ring and using the proceeds in a very mature manner... I have my eye on a new-to-me Kawasaki Z1000.

Fighting hate with hate totally makes sense! Fuck. JUST IGNORE THEM.