WTB: Pokemon Red

derrickcook19941

Been looking for the first gen pokemon games for a while. Not only are the prices on ebay ridiculous but with the battery  issue on all of them you cant even be sure it's going to work. Regardless, best of luck finding one! :)

i have a working yellow and blue i just miss red, cause it was the first one i had. also if its not working theres places that will replace the battery.

i have a working yellow and blue i just miss red, cause it was the first one i had. also if its not working theres places that will replace the battery.

I've tried local shops selling GBA games and they said they can't. And I don't want to mess with it as I have no experience with sodering and I would very likely break it haha.

I replaced the battery on my crystal version. It's not too difficult to do it yourself, you just have to be careful. After I was done I just put a small piece of duct tape on it to hold the battery in place and it worked perfectly. Took 5-10 minutes tops.

Just checked to see if I still had my red version but sadly I don't. I sold off most of my old Pokemon games on Ebay last year (and made a bunch of money haha), sorry but good luck finding it!

Why not just download an emulator? Or you just want that feel of the gameboy version? I never thought that these games would be worth so much. I still have mine and I think the box that it came in as well. Emulators are awesome when you are feeling nostalgic, you can play any pokemon game or any other gameboy game you enjoy now and from back in the day.

Why not just download an emulator? Or you just want that feel of the gameboy version? I never thought that these games would be worth so much. I still have mine and I think the box that it came in as well. Emulators are awesome when you are feeling nostalgic, you can play any pokemon game or any other gameboy game you enjoy now and from back in the day.

theres something about having the cartridge and the controls of the gameboy that emulators just can't match. also, would you be willing to sell me it?

I've still got most of them. Played one of the versions last year. Gunna hold on to them because they never get old. Battery is fucked up on one of them. If I can figure out which one it was I'd sell that. Not gunna fix it since I still have a bunch of others. I don't think the broken one is red though.

you should explain this because i dont know what RNG and RuSa means.

RuSa: Ruby/Sapphire (old abbreviation pre-Emerald I never stopped using haha)

RNG abuse: On the most basic level, it allows you to manipulate the Pokémon you battle.  The difference between RuSa and Emerald is that with a dead battery they start on seed 5A0 versus 0 on Emerald, which has a bugged initial seed generation.  Smogon link for your info