Relient K - MMHMM repress coming!

I liked the new one, but mostly because it utilized guitars in a way that hints they may return to a sound less like they had on Collapsible Lung. Personally, I'd rather see him on acoustic than piano...there's too many RK songs with piano already out there, so the change in sound/style is refreshing.

Yes! Sounding less like CL was something I noticed. Hoping to have Matt write some better lyrics as well

FYI, I emailed gotee to change my address and asked for an update. They have the records and are just waiting on the sleeves, they should be shipping in the next few weeks.

I'm actually more excited for the deluxe edition CD of mmhmm that's supposed to accompany the vinyl. I already own an OG pressing. It's just interesting that there's supposed to be some more songs released with it no information seems to exist detailing what they are.

If you're referring to Hoopes' stage presence, he rarely rocks out. And Thiessen is just awkward. Not making excuses for them but they aren't exactly a hop-around-the-stage, super energetic band. I've seen em 13 times now and you just know how they are.

I'm just comparing them to the first time I saw them on the original MMHMM tour with MxPx "Panic with a 'K' Tour." I enjoyed their set at that time and I was a fan too. When I found out the (Motion City Soundtrack/Relient K/Driver Friendly) tour was coming to Charleston, I was so happy but when the guys in Relient K got on to the stage they were very lackluster compared to the last time I saw them and compared to MCS and Driver Friendly.

Just got back from this tour and while they didn't have the vinyl available at the show, the show itself was amazing.  I thought they'd play a few extra songs after plowing through the entire album nearly nonstop, but they jumped in and played another 8 songs, including a new one.  Seriously catch this tour if you can.  Band looked like they were having a blast playing the songs, too.  

assuming it was the Portland date, I was also there. Great show and great crowd. honestly though, Blondefire was the most painful thing to sit through. I just don't understand why RK didn't tour with some one else. like House Of Heroes or someone more related to the band.

assuming it was the Portland date, I was also there. Great show and great crowd. honestly though, Blondefire was the most painful thing to sit through. I just don't understand why RK didn't tour with some one else. like House Of Heroes or someone more related to the band.

Seattle date, actually. I agree about the openers. From Indian Lakes was really lame, too. Songs all sound the same and just boring boring boring. Not sure why RK selected the openers they did.

Seattle date, actually. I agree about the openers. From Indian Lakes was really lame, too. Songs all sound the same and just boring boring boring. Not sure why RK selected the openers they did.

FIL is on point but if you haven't heard them I could see how you could make that case. They have a really great sound, I really like them though. On of my favorite albums of the year.

Blondfire was painful..

I did my best at looking at the pic and comparing with my first press and they look identical... maybe there will be something but nothing I notice as of now

They haven't gotten the jackets yet as of a few days ago, all the pictures they've posted (aside from the test pressing, obviously) are of the first press. I'm hoping for an uncoated finish for the new pressing, the first pressing's glossy jacket doesn't really suit the muted artwork.

They haven't gotten the jackets yet as of a few days ago, all the pictures they've posted (aside from the test pressing, obviously) are of the first press. I'm hoping for an uncoated finish for the new pressing, the first pressing's glossy jacket doesn't really suit the muted artwork.

they posted this 2 hours ago

https://www.facebook.com/relientk/photos/a.10151663232344805.1073741824.5433804804/10152847996209805/?type=1

Here's the deluxe "mmhmm" CD track listing:

1. The One I’m Waiting For*

2. Be My Escape

3. High of ’75*

4. I So Hate Consequences

5. The Only Thing Worse Than Beating A Dead Horse Is Betting On One

6. My Girl’s Ex-Boyfriend*

7. More Than Useless

8. Which To Bury, Us Or The Hatchet?

9. Let It All Out

10. Apathetic Way To Be # – from Apathetic EP, now in the original vinyl sequence

11. Who I Am Hates Who I’ve Been

12. Maintain Consciousness

13. This Week The Trend

14. Life After Death & Taxes (Failure II)

15. When I Go Down

16. mmhmm

17. The Truth – from Apathetic EP

18. Be My Escape (Acoustic) – from Apathetic EP

19. I So Hate Consequences (Acoustic at Capitol Studios)

20. Which to Bury, Us or the Hatchet (Acoustic) – from Apathetic EP

21. Who I Am Hates Who I’ve Been (Acoustic) – from Apathetic EP

22. The Thief – from Apathetic EP

23. Be My Escape (Tom Lord-Alge Radio Mix) – from the Be My Escape (Single)

24. Who I Am Hates Who I’ve Been (Chris Lord-Alge Radio Mix) – from the Who I Am Hates Who I’ve Been (Single)

25. Manic 
Monday
 – from Punk Goes 80’s

I have all of these already :/

• 2 weeks later...