The thread formerly known as 'ty segall'

This was so bonkers.

The show was pretty bonkers last night. Especially not being familiar with the new material - which is what they played for at least the first half, then they integrated some things from Manipulator and maybe some older ones. I thought they might have played a Fuzz song too but I'm probably wrong. Could have been a Ty Segall Band song. 

Anyway, LP was delivered to my old office today (I started a new job this week). I'll just go pick it up on my way home, it's close. Downloaded the album last night and was able to listen to some of it this morning. It's rare that I hear new material live first, kinda nice sometimes. Definitely a weird album.

I got my shipping notification from Drag City this morning. The record arrived last Friday.  :wacko:

I like the top opening of the record sleeve. I usually remove the shrink wrap from albums because they tend to get mangled when you slip records in and out of your collection, but with the top opening, I was able to slice it open and not have to worry about it getting mangled/ripped. And I get to keep the cool orange burst sticker. This should be a new thing. Top-opening sleeves. 

I need to play this record - so far I've only listened to it digitally. I've played other records at home since but I have a feeling the lady of the house won't appreciate this one like she did Manipulator. Even that one, she'd need to be in the mood. And she usually prefers something more mellow at home. If I could just get home from work before her one of these days...I'll rock the house.