The thread formerly known as 'ty segall'

Got mine in the mail today. Extremely disappointed. Didn't even come with a plastic sleeve (my cover has slight wear) and the "special edition" poster is nothing special at all, just a shitty gloss poster that's smaller than the ones that came with the white pre order. Aside from the wear, the cover is nice, but Really don't know what we spent $80 on. Larry really ripped us off on this one.

Same here on all accounts. I'm not usually one to complain but shit, for $80 you'd think they'd put a little special effort into protecting it for the shipping. Guess that's the last special edition I buy from ITR.

The white is better in so many ways. $50 cheaper, no sleeve wear, more limited fwiw. Props to them for cashing in on the deluxe - the underwhelming description wound up being accurate.

While I agree on you with the rest is the white really more limited? Lots of first 200 on color vinyl on ITR and then later the band is selling them, etc

The white is better in so many ways. $50 cheaper, no sleeve wear, more limited fwiw. Props to them for cashing in on the deluxe - the underwhelming description wound up being accurate.

I'm actually going to buy a black copy as my play copy because the white sounds as noisy as any other white vinyl I've come across. Just because something's more limited doesn't make it better.

Got mine in the mail today. Extremely disappointed. Didn't even come with a plastic sleeve (my cover has slight wear) and the "special edition" poster is nothing special at all, just a shitty gloss poster that's smaller than the ones that came with the white pre order. Aside from the wear, the cover is nice, but Really don't know what we spent $80 on. Larry really ripped us off on this one.

Sad but predictable.

Spent something like 100 bucks shipping included on this...

Not so impatient to receive mine now...

Really don't know what we spent $80 on. Larry really ripped us off on this one.

Sad but predictable.

I don't often comment on here, but statements like these make me cringe.

ITR is a consistently fantastic label.  Not only do they remain committed to putting out killer releases, but in the increasing age of "limited edition" releases by labels who refuse to even acknowledge a pressing number, ITR remains true to their tradition of 200 colored copies at the same price as the standard editions.  As well, though I don't know him personally, all communications / questions / emails I've ever had with Larry have been friendly and informative--  truly I'd describe him as a label owner who recognizes and appreciates dedicated fans of the label.

"Really don't know what we spent $80 on"?

You spent $80 on EXACTLY what was advertised.  A limited edition pressing of the new Fuzz record on gold vinyl, limited to 300 copies, with a cover and poster unique to this release.  Based on that description, did you really think this was going to cost $75 to produce?

My assumption is that the high price was partially intended to cut down on flippers / a "middle man" market.  It gets a lot of the money many would have spent on the secondary market (if this had been priced at say $30 and snatched up by those intending to flip) DIRECTLY to the label, which will be funneled right back into putting out more kick ass music.  Larry clearly recognizes the popularity of Ty / Fuzz right now and is using that to generate funds for his label (300 copies is still extremely limited for a group as popular as Fuzz) while also cutting down on the number of people profiting off of flipped copies...  obviously, the higher price will not eliminate flippers, but it has to have helped cut down a bit and ITR is still able to get a limited edition into the hands of collectors.

Bottom line:  If sending a extra money to a label I love (and who has provided me with countless great records / limited editions over the years) and keeping that money away from someone on discogs flipping a copy for 3-4 times the cost = getting ripped off that's a pretty sad comment on the state of record collecting these days.

I agree with Eduardo with the exception of the rather poor shipping method used here. It's not like I was expecting an aluminum foam-lined case with a padlock or something. There was literally only a single 11x11" sheet of bubble wrap placed on one side. The cardboard stock of the gatefold is nice and heavy but the inner sleeves were placed on the interior, causing them to slide around in transit and splitting on the seams. Had they been placed in the slits I image it might have been enough pressure to keep them from shifting. Not even a cheap plastic outer sleeve was used to protect the corners of the gatefold from wear and damage, which seems to be a consistent result.

Yes, it's going too far saying we were "ripped off". Minus the damage, I got exactly what I was hoping for. It is a special edition though, an investment if you will, so I don't think it's going too far expecting the seller to put a little effort in to protect that investment. I stick by what I said though about not buying special editions (highly priced ones like this anyway) from ITR anymore if they're not treating it as such.

I've had plenty of seam splits when inners are in their pockets. Seam splits happen. Outside of moving records to a paper sleeve and keeping the picture inners separate, there isn't a sue fire way to prevent them.

Asking for a sleeve or a plastic wrap isn't unreasonable but at the same time, these are just records. Unless it's mashed to fuck some dinged or worn corners or wear isn't a big deal and if you get hung up on that sort of thing, you may be in this for the wrong reasons.

... I got exactly what I was hoping for. It is a special edition though, an investment if you will, so I don't think it's going too far expecting the seller to put a little effort in to protect that investment. I stick by what I said though about not buying special editions (highly priced ones like this anyway) from ITR anymore if they're not treating it as such.

THE INVESTMENT!!!

Received my deluxe today. Packaged okay (records shipped outside sleeve but no protection besides a half sheet of bubble wrap), no splits or dings but quite a few places where the gold has "worn" off on the front. Overall I was expecting more from the poster but pretty accurate to what was advertised on the website, I probably would have been more psyched if this was the first copy I received.

The gold is better than I anticipated. For some reason I was thinking the 'gold' was going to be translucent yellow, was surprised to see actual opeque gold. The gatefold is solid and the inside print job is printed on textured paper like the first copies of King Crimson's 'In The Court Of The Crimson King' jackets were. Plus it was shipped in those 'frustration free' boxes. I'm happy with it.

Not sure if this has been posted already, but I came across this acoustic Ty set where he plays a couple songs from Emotional Mugger with Cory from Wand. The title tracks at 30:00 and the next song also looks to be from the new album. I know its not confirmation, but at this point I am pretty confident Cory will be part of the band for this one. I am kind of hoping we get another folksy album. Anyway, here is the link: 

^ Cory mentioned to me he'd be in Ty's new band at a Wand show a few weeks back so I'd say it's all but confirmed! If I'm remembering correctly someone else said it'd also feature Evan (drums in Wand), Emmett Kelly (Mikal Cronin / Cairo Gang) and King Tuff, who knows if that is accurate but it would certainly make for a helluva live band.