The thread formerly known as 'ty segall'

2 hours ago, numanoid said:

I missed it too, but the site says that this will also be available in stores. Is that a normal black pressing or part of the initial 1000?

There were around 300 copies in stock when it was first announced so I'd wager they only stocked 300-500 online and the rest (coloured) will be going out to record stores.

55 minutes ago, spoon said:

There were around 300 copies in stock when it was first announced so I'd wager they only stocked 300-500 online and the rest (coloured) will be going out to record stores.

I think you're right. Suicide Squeeze usually sends their colored vinyl out to retailers, distros and the like - they're not mailorder exclusives. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, jeromium said:

I really wish Drag City didn't make fans pay twice for physical and digital. 

I hear this complaint often, but they could charge what other labels charge too, but instead they price their stuff low and don't charge shipping if you live in the US. But give someone a reason to complain, and they will. Every. Damn. Time. 

1 hour ago, aopps42 said:

I hear this complaint often, but they could charge what other labels charge too, but instead they price their stuff low and don't charge shipping if you live in the US. But give someone a reason to complain, and they will. Every. Damn. Time. 

It's true. People even complain about complaining.

It's true their prices are quite reasonable. Been a while since I ordered something directly from them so I wasn't aware/forgot about free US shipping. If things aren't limited I tend to just pick them up at a local shop on release, to avoid unnecessary packaging and potential delays.

A DL card would be cool but I don't mind, and I can respect them Doing what they believe in.  i know Will Oldham has said he'd rather not have his music listened To through a phone or computer

Pretty sure numero is no longer doing DL codes either because they said people don't use them enough to be worth it.

4 hours ago, aopps42 said:

Their prices are reasonable.  And I have no complaints about their quality.  But I can say that about a lot of records labels smaller than Drag City that are still not cheap enough to deny people the small favor of providing them with a digital copy of the music they just bought.  I mean if you aren't going to do that I'm going to get a digital copy of the music anyway and it's not going to be by paying double price for it.   So just include it.