PO: Orchid Tapes-Born Ecstasy (Vinyl Compilation /150 Coke Bottle /150 electric blue)

1979477_755204407831773_799823967_n.jpg

From Facebook

"Our vinyl compilation Boring Ecstasy comes out in 8 days (presale starts on Saturday! 22nd of March) and we couldn't be more excited. To see everything come together the way it has after all the months of planning that have gone into this amazing record has been truly incredible.

For those interested in buying a physical copy; we'll be pressing 150 coke bottle green and 150 electric blue LPs, and each copy will come with a poster print of the album artwork and a 4x6 photo print taken by either us or one of the artists on the compilation (we're gonna be passing around some disposable cameras) We'll also be spraying each jacket with a tiny amount of a custom scent made specifically to accompany this release.

Thanks everyone xo"

From Tumblr:

How will the compilation be arranged? All new material? Or songs from albums? Looking forward to it!

It’s like 95% new material from everyone, I think some songs are things that are gonna end up on future albums by certain bands / artists. The Elvis Depressedly song is only going to be released on the record.

1. Ricky Eat Acid - Can You See It’s Bloom
2. Alex G - Cards
3. R.L. Kelly - Everything’s Cool
4. The Sweater I Gave You - Nobody’s Baby
5. Four Visions - Hazy Past
6. Home Alone - Catching Hours
7. Julia Brown - Without You
8. Infinity Crush - Spoiled
9. Elvis Depressedly - N.M.S.S. (Amy’s Demo Tape) [vinyl only]
10. HAPPY TRENDY - Spirit Week
11. Yohuna - Badges
12. Foxes in Fiction - Rearrange
13. Euphoria Again - Change
14. MEISHI SMILE - Sincerity

(thanks cwhitmuzik!)

Will be available to order here...

http://www.orchidtapes.bigcartel.com

1. Ricky Eat Acid - Can You See It’s Bloom
2. Alex G - Cards
3. R.L. Kelly - Everything’s Cool
4. The Sweater I Gave You - Nobody’s Baby
5. Four Visions - Hazy Past
6. Home Alone - Catching Hours
7. Julia Brown - Without You
8. Infinity Crush - Spoiled
9. Elvis Depressedly - N.M.S.S. (Amy’s Demo Tape) [vinyl only]
10. HAPPY TRENDY - Spirit Week
11. Yohuna - Badges
12. Foxes in Fiction - Rearrange
13. Euphoria Again - Change
14. MEISHI SMILE - Sincerity

What's wrong with supporting Sam Ray?

He's one of the most insufferable pricks i've ever met. and I go to school with him and have been to multiple shows at his place and have seen his bands very, very often. quite possibly the most self-centered human i've ever met.

What's wrong with supporting Sam Ray?

He was a notorious douche to his fans and just a douche overall, it seems he's turned a new leaf, and regardless of the fact he is a good musician and lyricist. I love the music he puts out. I will definitely pick this up, though unsure if I'll get both or not. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe after it's been shipped and people have it in their hands someone will wanna part with it for one of you guys. I dunno if that'll be me because I'm pretty fond of the compilation and have been listening to the digital version regularly. But its not even technically "out" yet, so I think you both will find one.

These get in to our HQ tomorrow, gonna start sending them all out later this week. Thanks for being so patient and supportive, everyone.

Just saw this on the next page. Really happy to hear it! preordered back in March as a 22nd birthday gift to myself and have been really excited for the eventual shipping. Plus I still haven't heard the depressedly track from the comp yet so there's a lot to look forward to.

Maybe after it's been shipped and people have it in their hands someone will wanna part with it for one of you guys. I dunno if that'll be me because I'm pretty fond of the compilation and have been listening to the digital version regularly. But its not even technically "out" yet, so I think you both will find one.

Pirates Press usually gives us a good deal of overstock with all the orders that we do with them, so once we've made sure every copy has properly gotten into the hands of everyone who bought one, we'll probably put all the 'extras' up for a sale. You can email us directly if you wanna try and set something up for down the line, too: [email protected]

Thanks everyone!