PO: Andrew Jackson Jihad - Christmas Island

• 3 weeks later...

Really curious if they're carrying the beautiful album cover colored swirl with them on tour and if it'll be 15 or 20 dollars if anyone has a guess. Also curious if the "fullband" backing them are the same guys who backed the first fullband tour back in 2012

They will probably have the swirl that matches the album cover with them. And I don't remember exactly who was with them on that tour, but I do know the drummer in the band now was with them on that tour.

Watch any of the recent videos they've done and you'll see who is in the band.

Difficult for me to do at the moment because i only have limited internet access on a phone at the moment, but i was mainly curious if the drummer was the same because he was great.

Gotcha. Yeah that drummer is awesome. He was also playing with this other Phoenix band called Roar who toured with AJJ a few years ago. Worth checking out.

pix

my copy of the purple/orange (sorry for the awful quality pictures, I'm working with a flip phone right now -_-)

2ujsbck.jpg

eu4n0n.jpg

I don't think it looks bad but it definitely doesn't look as good as the blue/pink/white variant. It is cool to have the rarest one though. There's already somebody trying to sell the purple/orange variant on discogs for $80.

Hell that looks nothing like the picture on the website. Glad I didn't pre-order when I was thinking about it, I would have been so dissapointed. Still thinking about picking up the blue/pink/white swirl thing if they have those in stock, but I'd probably need to see a picture first. I've been really iffy on actually ordering this record for the past month, there are just so many other things I think I'd rather get first. I'm diggin the translucent purple cassette though, might pick that up later.

Hell that looks nothing like the picture on the website. Glad I didn't pre-order when I was thinking about it, I would have been so dissapointed. Still thinking about picking up the blue/pink/white swirl thing if they have those in stock, but I'd probably need to see a picture first. I've been really iffy on actually ordering this record for the past month, there are just so many other things I think I'd rather get first. I'm diggin the translucent purple cassette though, might pick that up later.

Pretty sure there's a picture of the blue/pink/white a page back in this thread. 

Have you heard the album? As a diehard AJJ fan, this might be my favorite album of theirs since People Who Can Eat People. 

I was going to wait for them to play here to pick up a copy, but No Idea has turquoise for a good price. It's hard to mess up a solid color to make it look ugly. Some friends I have got into AJJ don't like the lofi production of the new album, but I'm okay with it and think I can get what the band was going for.

Some friends I have got into AJJ don't like the lofi production of the new album, but I'm okay with it and think I can get what the band was going for.

That's interesting, as I think that this is easily their most well produced album. Like I feel like John Congleton's contributions really come through when listening to it.

I like the new one quite a bit, but I don't think I like it as much as either People... or Can't Maintain. I think that a couple songs from this and from Knife Man are some of the best they've done, but I don't think the albums in their entirety are as strong.

Man, see I'm the complete opposite. I think Knife Man and Christmas Island are the most cohesive, fully realized albums they've done, though People is still my favorite just for sentimental reasons. Can't Maintain is actually probably my least favorite AJJ album other than Candy Cigarettes and Cap Guns. It has a lot of my favorite AJJ songs (Love in the Time of HPV, We Didn't Come Here to Rock, White Face, Black Eyes) but also some of my least favorite (the Kazoo song, Olde(Y) Tyme(Y)). Although now that I think about, there are a couple songs on Knife Man (Sorry Bro, Skate Park) that I'm not too crazy about either. 

I do think that if they had put #armageddon on Christmas Island that it would have easily rivaled People... for my favorite album of theirs.

Pretty sure there's a picture of the blue/pink/white a page back in this thread. 

Have you heard the album? As a diehard AJJ fan, this might be my favorite album of theirs since People Who Can Eat People. 

Ah there is a picture, I guess I missed it because I'm a complete idiot. I've heard the album and I enjoy it, but like I said, there's just other things I'd rather get first. However, now I really don't want to miss out on that triple color variant, so I might order it a bit sooner than I was planning. After looking at the purple/orange variant more I like it a bit more, but I just don't think the actual colors work as well with the album art.

Ah there is a picture, I guess I missed it because I'm a complete idiot. I've heard the album and I enjoy it, but like I said, there's just other things I'd rather get first. However, now I really don't want to miss out on that triple color variant, so I might order it a bit sooner than I was planning. After looking at the purple/orange variant more I like it a bit more, but I just don't think the actual colors work as well with the album art.

You really think it will sell out quickly? I've been thinking about selling my purple/orange and getting the triple color but I was going to wait awhile.