PO: Weatherbox - Flies In All Directions (Triple Crown/Favorite Gentlemen)

My copy is waiting for me at home right now. Never listened to this band before but since you guys were talkin' them up so much I ordered.

You won't be disappointed, I don't think.  This album is great, but –

This album is definitely a slow grower

This is very true.  A lot of it sort of bled together on the first listen for me.  But after a few revisits - and especially after adding it to my car's mix - I'm quite enjoying each and every song.  That vocal melody on the closer (Paracosm) just rattles in my head for days on end.

I've been slowly working this album into my current rotation to let it grow on me. Today I sat down with the lyrics and gave it a close listen. Though I already liked it, it really clicked with me to the point where I could see myself loving it more than The Cosmic Drama, which is my favorite album ever. No other band even comes close to engaging me lyrically as much as Weatherbox does.

If anybody hasn't seen their Audiotree session, it's definitely worth checking out. If you haven't been to one of their shows this is a good indication of their live sound. They play Pagan Baby and 5 other tracks that are on previous releases. 

http://audiotree.tv/session/weatherbox/

If anybody hasn't seen their Audiotree session, it's definitely worth checking out. If you haven't been to one of their shows this is a good indication of their live sound. They play Pagan Baby and 5 other tracks that are on previous releases. 

http://audiotree.tv/session/weatherbox/

Good suggestion! Sound great live. Definitely a one of a kind band.

tour with Dikembe:

7/11/2014    Atlanta @ Drunken Unicorn
7/12/2014    Charlotte, NC @ Area 15
7/14/2014    Baltimore @ Metro Gallery
7/15/2014    New Jersey @ Asbury Lanes
7/16/2014    Philadelphia @ The Fire
7/17/2014    Brooklyn @ St. Vitus
7/18/2014    Albany @ The Ice House 
7/19/2014    Long Island @ The Woodshop
7/20/2014    Boston @ Great Scott
7/22/2014    Buffalo, NY @ Waiting Room
7/23/2014    Toronto, ON @ The Cave at Lee's Palace 
7/24/2014    Cleveland, OH @ Mahall's 
7/25/2014    Lansing, MI @ TBD 
7/26/2014    Chicago, IL @Township
7/27/2014    St. Louis, MO @ The Demo
7/29/2014    Lawrence, KS @ Art Closet Studio
7/30/2014    Denver, CO @ Marquis Theater 
7/31/2014    Salt Lake City, UT @ Shred Shed
8/2/2014    San Fran, CA @ TBD
8/3/2014    Pomona, CA @ Growing Up is Dumb Fest
8/5/2014    Anaheim, CA @ TBD
8/6/2014    San Diego, CA @ TBD

8/7/2014    Mesa, AZ @ 51West

hope The 'box will tour Europe sometime...

my favorite song too.

i was feeling that one for a bit, but after geeking out to some live sets from last year and cruising the record, I think my favorites are Radio Hive, Dark All Night for Us, and Last White Lighter.

At this point, I am still mainly focused on the instrumentals, while I have sat down with the lyrics... the appeal of weatherbox has always been the insane arrangements and guitar and drum parts.  i remember first hearing Broken Glowsticks in 2012 (i'm a box noob) and being so blown away by how that song is put together.  i feel like this album is more than just an extension of that ep, its like an evolution (think a pokemon that evolves with a stone) and those three songs just put my brain in a space nothing else can. its like neuro-goosebumps or something.