The Unofficial Punk Rock Appreciation Thread

Okay, just as a place to have this discussion, here is a thread for the punk rock. As Hipster would say, tr00 punx only...save the Blink, Wonder Years, and Good Charlotte bullshit for their own thread(s).

To start off, I have always loved F.Y.P (and anything Todd C. does)...those early tracks are 100% punk rock to me (the samples are so good).

http://recessrecords1.bandcamp.com/album/complete-crap

Blitz, Discharge, the Business, Broken Bones... all great bands. Love Amebix too.

^ That is what I am talking about...I remember downloading a bunch of the UK stuff back in the Audiogalaxy days (post-Napster, pre-Kazaa) along with whatever US stuff I could get, which was mainly NY/DC/CA hardcore and 90s Lookout/Epitaph/Fat stuff.

You fail the true punk test in the first post by trying to label what punk is or isn't. Thanks for playing Jimmy. Ha ha. 

Well played! I will see myself out now...

St Pat's day had me slamming some serious Stiff Little Fingers. Alternative Ulster is the epitome of a perfect punk song to me. 

Good call...need to bust some of this out myself.