The Unofficial Punk Rock Appreciation Thread

After taking a break from the boards for a little bit, I'm fucking pumped for this thread. The Blood are one of my all time favorite UK82 genre related bands. False Gestures For A Devious Public is a fucking masterpiece, as well as the Stark Raving Normal and Megalomania 7"s.

Hell yeah, I remember being weirded out the first time I saw the name Rich Kids on LSD haha.

You can totally hear them in early NOFX too.

Definitely have read interviews where Fat Mike has said that he wished that he could write like RKL and that they were a huge influence on NOFX

Yeah, RKL's song on the Super Seven Sampler is great. You can hear their influence on NOFX's track, "Bob Turkee."

I forgot RKL was on the first Punk-O-Rama. What a nice surprise when "We're Back We're Pissed" came on, haha.

Man, much like a young Ben Weasel, I wanted to BE Adrenalin OD...love that stuff.

Crass was a band that really caught me off guard with how primal and angry it was, but only in the best of ways...very crucial band imho.

After taking a break from the boards for a little bit, I'm fucking pumped for this thread. The Blood are one of my all time favorite UK82 genre related bands. False Gestures For A Devious Public is a fucking masterpiece, as well as the Stark Raving Normal and Megalomania 7"s.

This.

All other posts/pos(t)ers that are not praising how amazing The Blood is will be deemed a VC pos(t)ers and be untr00 pvnx in my book.

I don't know why I'm bothering to show off how tr00 pvnx I am in this thread (considering I grew up coloring Anarchy signs in my Land Before Time coloring book at the age of 1.) 

But my long time favorites are pretty much all D-Beat or Fore-Core.....Shitlickers, Abraham Cross, Disclose, Ratos De Porao, G.I.S.M., Anti-Cimex, Avskum. Speaking of being bummed out did any else to intend to see Dayglo Abortions before they got deported on their "tour"

Man, much like a young Ben Weasel, I wanted to BE Adrenalin OD...love that stuff.

Crass was a band that really caught me off guard with how primal and angry it was, but only in the best of ways...very crucial band imho.

I was not ready for Crass when I first heard them; but my older cousin introduced me to them and Napalm Death (the Scum album) the same day. It blew my young mind

But my long time favorites are pretty much all D-Beat or Fore-Core.....Shitlickers, Abraham Cross, Disclose, Ratos De Porao, G.I.S.M., Anti-Cimex, Avskum.

G.I.S.M. yes! Same with Disclose, Anti-Cimex, and Avskum. I'll track down the others to check them out. I heard of Ratos De Porao but never heard them.

I'm going to be repping some friends of mine in here.

Topnovil. GREAT Aussie street punk band. Been around since about 97. This clip is a kinda older song of theirs now. In the sense they have a new(18 months ago) drummer who can actually play really fucking well. So all their new stuff is a lot faster and more aggressive.

Anyway. Good song, if you are from Australia and in the scene, play spot your friend!