The Unofficial Punk Rock Appreciation Thread

No matter how anyone feels about this band, this song is a blessing from the punk rock gods.

NOFX is one of my favorite bands. I personally think they've been on a steady decline musically (no pun intended) since So Long and Thanks for All the Shoes, but man, "the Decline" is some good shit. 

"Why go against tradition when we can

Admit defeat, live in decline

Be the victims of our own design

The status quo, built on suspect

Why would anyone stick out their neck?"

Powerful lyrics. And regardless of how I feel about their more recent albums, these guys fucking rock for continuing to do this independent shit for 30 years with what I assume is no concept of stopping. They'll play 'til Mike's dead, I think. I have a feeling they knew which way Epitaph was going when they left after Pump Up the Valuum, and I imagine they walked away from some money by deciding to release LPs on Fat. More respect to them. 

Anyone in the Tampa / St. Petersburg, FL area?

Let's start a punk band and go really really really fast.  Message me if you're down.

Where were you 3-4 years ago?!?!

• 5 weeks later...

I'm putting out an awesome new ep on tape from a NC punk band called Wolves&Wolves&Wolves&Wolves, haven't been able to stop listening to it - check it out here:

http://fleshandbone.bandcamp.com/album/scorched-earth

Man, that was awesome. May get that cassette soon. I look forward to hearing what your label is going put out soon.

Also fairgrounds sounds pretty cool too.

so a pretty cool story to go with the above post. back when pat the bunny started up wingnut, he played a house show and brought a circus (freak show) with him, and it was really cool. afterwards, my friends and I politely asked him to play some freight trains stuff for us (remember, by now, he promised to never play that stuff anymore) ...and he politely said yes and knocked out 5 tunes from the old days.

so a pretty cool story to go with the above post. back when pat the bunny started up wingnut, he played a house show and brought a circus (freak show) with him, and it was really cool. afterwards, my friends and I politely asked him to play some freight trains stuff for us (remember, by now, he promised to never play that stuff anymore) ...and he politely said yes and knocked out 5 tunes from the old days.

That's awesome!! I just saw Ramshackle Glory play a couple nights ago. I always wanted to see the WDU freak circus shows but never got to. They sounded wild.

I'm releasing the full length Self-Titled album from Wish List out of MD/PA!  Awesome punk/grunge band that I can't stop listening to.  Here is the info:

PRE_20ORDER_201_original.jpg

- /100 Purple/Orange/Silver Glitter Swirl Cassettes

- Full color J-Card insert w/ clear case

- Digital download card

- Flesh and Bone Records sticker

- Mini photo print from Wish List's 2014 summer tour w/ Fun Home and Infinity Crush

Track Listing:

1. Dumpweed 2
2. Camp Trippin’
3. April
4. Always On A Sunday
5. 212223
6. Acer
7. Aw, Geez
8. What To Do
9. David Steady

Listen to the entire album here.

Pre-order the tape for only $7 here.

Check out everything else with my label Flesh and Bone Records here.

These will ship late July/early August.  They are a part of my 2nd shipment of orders, which includes Raintree, Fairgrounds, and Bradley Hathaway (which will be up next week).  If you have already placed an order with me and would like to combine shipping with an existing pre-order you already made, please email [email protected] first, and we'll combine shipping no problem.

You can also pick up an exclusive label-only shirt to coincide with this release (and all of my other releases).  This is the one that is available for Wish List:

WISH_20LIST_20SHIRT_20MOCK_original.jpg

• 2 months later...

In case anyone didn't know today is the 10th anniversary of American Idiot, probably Green Day's most influential album of this generation.

I will agree that it is green day's most influential album of this generation. Maybe the 1000th most influential album of this generation overall.