PO: The Sounds Of Animals Fighting - Tiger and the Duke / Lover, The Lord Has Left Us

I've got to say... despite the horrible reissue art, the LTLHLU jacket is extremely well done.  It's got metallic ink and a really awesome spot-glass design that weaves on the front, back, and gatefold design.  (Which looks better than the cover, in my opinion.)  I'd totally keep a copy for myself, but I know it'd just gather dust on the shelf.  Anyone who ordered one and didn't spring for Andrew's awesome jacket will be pretty happy with it, regardless.

I've got to say... despite the horrible reissue art, the LTLHLU jacket is extremely well done.  It's got metallic ink and a really awesome spot-glass design that weaves on the front, back, and gatefold design.  (Which looks better than the cover, in my opinion.)  I'd totally keep a copy for myself, but I know it'd just gather dust on the shelf.  Anyone who ordered one and didn't spring for Andrew's awesome jacket will be pretty happy with it, regardless.

Agreed. Got my copies yesterday and was surprised that it was so well done. I wasn't disappointed at all. 

Agreed. It came out really well. It would have been cool if they would have maybe done some kind of embossed cover for tiger and the duke instead of a plain matte finish.

VV42Cg9.jpg

NrrYRGn.jpg

Tiger #1 and Lover #3 here! I guess the picture on Rich Ballings IG was a picture merchnow sent him since it is in my hand now.

Also, got two A/B for Lover, one of you that got two C/D wanna trade?

Are you sure? My C/D says LP 2 Side A and B. I've got someone else I'm trading with if he's truly got the LP 1 A/B--he's checking tonight. I'll let you know.

I was wrong, listened and they are both the right sides. After looking again it's etching does say LP2 A/B. I just saw A/B on both and skipped over where it says LP2.

Same here, I feel like an idiot. I just want to publicly apologize to batman, I'm sorry for getting your hopes up man.

10261300_566219793492084_1159222342_n.jp

VV42Cg9.jpg

Rich's #1 on top and mine on bottom.

The writing doesn't match up and mine is checked accepted and his is not. Looks like there are another 25 TP that either got rejected or they decided to press 25 more after the first 25.

Yep, the nerd in me noticed both "U"s In the word duke are different. I'm guessing that's what the hold up was for, the first set weren't up to snuff.

I listened to Lover the other night and I realize that apart from about 3 to 4 really great tracks, that album as a whole has not aged well since 2006. At least, not for me. I was maybe more of an adventurous listener then. I still feel like I am but maybe not as much in that direction. The last track on the album has always been pure garbage. I can't stand it and would always turn the album off before I got more than 10 seconds into it. I used to blast this whole album in the car all the time when I first got it but I can't imagine doing that now.

I'm going to hold onto it in the hopes that I warm up to it again but other than the few tracks that I totally love, the album is a highly labored listen in general. I have yet to give Tiger a full spin. Its been a while since I've listened to either on CD or digital at this point.

I listened to Lover the other night and I realize that apart from about 3 to 4 really great tracks, that album as a whole has not aged well since 2006. At least, not for me. I was maybe more of an adventurous listener then. I still feel like I am but maybe not as much in that direction. The last track on the album has always been pure garbage. I can't stand it and would always turn the album off before I got more than 10 seconds into it. I used to blast this whole album in the car all the time when I first got it but I can't imagine doing that now.

I'm going to hold onto it in the hopes that I warm up to it again but other than the few tracks that I totally love, the album is a highly labored listen in general. I have yet to give Tiger a full spin. Its been a while since I've listened to either on CD or digital at this point.

I'm a huge fan of lover. As much as I love tiger & duke, to me, that feels like a dated album. However, I will agree with you that the last track on lover is straight up shit.