PO Young Widows New LP

Got the gold today. It's a shitty trans orange...

Flimsy jacket, no insert. Terribly disappointed.

At least the music is great.

The photo you sent me didn't look half-bad, really.  Obviously not opaque gold, but at least it doesn't look neon-yellow like a lot of "gold" variants do.  But the jacket itself is flimsy?  That's really surprising to hear, considering it's a TRL release.

Got the Red Deluxe from Shirtkiller today in the mail....

The bonus 7" was just in the box below the LP (as opposed to being included inside the LP) with no protection (cardboard/bubble wrap/anything) around it.  Like others have stated this is a very flimsy thin sleeve.  Curious to see how this compares to the "deluxe" purple edition with art print that should be here tomorrow from TRL

I got mine from Temp Res today and the sleeve is a little flimsy, but I don't think I would have noticed if it wasn't pointed out.  Definitely nothing I would freak out over.  I do agree that the gold is more of an orange, but that doesn't really matter to me.

Stoked to listen to this later on today, it seems like it's been a long time since I've had new YW in my life.

The bonus 7" was just in the box below the LP (as opposed to being included inside the LP) with no protection (cardboard/bubble wrap/anything) around it.  Like others have stated this is a very flimsy thin sleeve.  Curious to see how this compares to the "deluxe" purple edition with art print that should be here tomorrow from TRL

My 7" was loose in the mailer from TL too, it showed up fine though.  Love to see photos of the deluxe edition if you have some time to post them!

I love threads that when I read them, half of them are the following posts:

1. Just got mine in the mail

2. do they send tracking info or just ship

3. Same complaints about the release

Pretty much page 4 of this thread is 1 and 3

#1 and #2 do indeed seem pretty pointless, sure.  You'll never find me posting about a shipping confirmation or tracking number unless someone specifically asks me.  But #3 just falls into discussion of the product we paid for, as customers.  I bet the world would be a better place if everyone only had positive things to say about the things they spent money on, and reserved any negative comments.  But that's just not practical.  If the packaging was over-the-top phenomenal, there would be the "same praise" shared from multiple users, more or less.  It's just how these things go.  Look at the thread for their last release, In & Out of Youth & Lightness.  You'll find a similar group of users proclaiming their love for the packaging on that album, what it was priced at, and how impressed they are with TRL.  Which leads me to...

That's so weird because IAOOYAL was such a high quality package and was so inexpensive.

This was the first thing that came to mind when I started reading complaints about the quality of the jacket.  The gatefold on that thing is a beast.  One of the nicer jackets in my collection, definitely.  And I could be imagining things, but wasn't it priced similarly - if not cheaper - than Easy Pain?  I'm almost positive it was.  I recall thinking the price was a steal, and found myself wondering just what kind of profit margins they were even making off that press.

Curious to see how this compares to the "deluxe" purple edition with art print that should be here tomorrow from TRL

I'm 99% positive the quality of the materials will be identical.  The only differences should be purple vinyl, a purple-foil cover, and the inclusion of that [pretty damn sweet] 3D art print.  If there was bonus material or fancier packaging, I would've definitely considered that price a bit more.  But either way, feel free to let us know what you think of it when it arrives.  I'd love to see a photo or two of that print.