Crosley Advance Record Player

Guest burnedfaceless

Guest burnedfaceless

I just bought a Crosley Advance record player. I was wondering if I should use it, or my behringer preamp? I'm going to play around with it tonight. Just wondering if their were opinions.

Guest burnedfaceless

Well to be honest I used to have some AKG c1000s that were stolen. A behringer preamp was crap compared to a LTO mictube (also stolen). The Behringer sounded good, but I have to admit I also have some very nice speakers. I'm giving my old player to my sister anyways so we will see tonight.

If you want to see what I had before you can google my threads. It's a step up for me. The stylus kept scraping the records and honestly some of my records are pretty nice and/or rare. 

I'll post results I may have to go by some more rca cables before I start happy hour.

Guest burnedfaceless

Ok I need help. This thing has something to raise the arm. It lowers to the point where the stylus (plastic casing) is scratching against the record. 

I can hold the lever to where it plays but unfortunately it keeps going down. I'm baffled. 

So far built in preamp seems much louder. 

Guest burnedfaceless

Yup it's me. I'm drinking so I'll fuck with it tomorrow. My apartment is in squalor so yea. I'm back. 

Old player sounded good. I'll give my opinion. You can count on that haha

edit: worse comes to worse i'll give it to my sis and fix the jvc but well everyone was telling me to get a new one. opinions are varied. i just can't damage these fragile things. 

I saw this in a local stereo shop, was curious about it.

Is it nearly as shitty as the other Crosley products?

It does look to be quite a bit better than the average plastic crap they produce as it has an adjustable counter weight, s tube arm, removable headshell and a proper MM cartridge, I like to have an open mind but going on their track record in record wreckers I would like to hear one, That said the price that's quoted here means that there are many similar belt drive units around for less.