PO: Pixies "Indie Cindy" 2xLP out April 29 (+ RSD release too)

172.jpg

Pixies are making Indie Cindy available in a selection of formats:

* as a standard 12-track single-CD digipak with booklet

* as a two-disc, deluxe gatefold album, pressed on 180-gram vinyl

* as a standard 12-track digital download via iTunes, Amazon, and other online retail sellers

* as an expanded digital download exclusively through iTunes that includes a bonus live-in-concert 13-track set recorded during the band's recently-completed North American tour

* available at pixiesmusic.com, a special deluxe, limited edition (5,000) two-disc set (available as a CD and as a deluxe gatefold album pressed on 180-gram vinyl) that includes the 13-track live disc.  This deluxe package also includes a 40-page, hard-back book that features the new artwork produced exclusively for Indie Cindy.  The CD limited edition is packaged in a special gold-foil hard slipcase. 

But wait, there's more.  On April 19, a week before the official release date and exclusively for Record Store Day, Pixies will make Indie Cindy available as a special RSD limited edition, two-disc, deluxe gatefold, 180-gram vinyl set, only from independent record stores participating in RSD around the world.  When these are gone, they're gone.

Indie Cindy

Produced by Gil Norton

Recorded at Rockfield Studios, Wales

Record label:  Pixiesmusic

Black Francis - vocals, guitars

Joey Santiago - guitars

David Lovering - drums, backing vocals

Ding - bass

Jeremy Dubs - backing vocals

Track listing:

What Goes Boom

Greens and Blues

Indie Cindy

Bagboy

Magdalena 318

Silver Snail

Blue Eyed Hexe

Ring the Bell

Another Toe in the Ocean

Andro Queen

Snakes

Jaime Bravo

Track listing for Live In The USA*:

Bone Machine

Hey

Ana

Magdalena 318

Snakes

Indie Cindy

I've Been Tired

Head On

The Sad Punk

Distance Equals Rate Times Time

Something Against You

Isla de Encanta

Planet of Sound

* (with touring bassist Paz Lenchantin)

I'll get EP3 to complete the set, but it's nice they are offering the tunes on a full length for those who missed out.

I was lukewarm on most of the new material, but was able to see them in a radio station acoustic concert with Paz and they played the new tunes really, really well. I've enjoyed them more ever since. Paz is wonderfully talented... I hope she sticks around.

I hate this about 50% less when sequenced as an album. It's still not golden age Pixies, but I can excuse that. Don't think I'll buy the LP version unless it's reasonably priced on RSD  :rolleyes:, but the downloads have definitely been worth it for me. I'm really starting to like this model of releasing an LP as incremental EPs. It's sort of a clever way for bands to make more money and for me to have new music sooner than waiting for the full album to be finished.

great, but how do you order from this fnac site. I try to check out but it keeps saying my adress is not valid. Or is for french only?

you can order it from the US.  Shipping is MORE than the LP at 16.79 Euros (LP is 16.66 Euros).   When you go to validate the address, you have to click a button to confirm that you want to ship it to the US.  Use Google Chrome as your browser and click the translate button, then you'll see it.