AMC’s The Walking Dead Deluxe Vinyl Edition Comes to Life April 15th

Just got an official spacelab9 receipt email regarding my order 283 which was the one i ordered when it went up last night and was cancelled. It had a note added saying order received, thank you. But it still shows cancelled under my account. What's happening?

i havnt got a cancellation or a confirmation just a paypal receipt ???

I believe they could be manually approving/cancelling orders. And they are going by order numbers. Because even after we paid, if we go under account, the order is still pending. Spacelab probably has to click approve after checking payment with order numbers. Thats what i think though

Everyone, firstly we want to offer a sincere thank you everyone for their patronage, support and most of all their patience in this matter for which we also extend the sincerest of apologies. Regardless of the various tests we ran on the site through before going "live" the bottom line is we sorely underestimated the reliability of our server and certainly for that we assume full responsibility.

Where do we go from here? As we have been doing so all day and will continue to do so into the late ours of the night we will be doing what can be done to stabilize the site but more importantly communicating with and ensuring that those who successfully placed orders are given confirmation that their orders did indeed come through so they rest easily. Furthermore, if there are refunds that need to be issued they will be attended to as well. So, in short EVERYONE will be contacted and have their issue rectified. Additionally, any messages to the Facebook page will be answered. Please understand that Spacelab9 is just two guys and we sincerely appreciate the fact that everyone invests their hard earned dollars into a record we are releasing. Heck, we are lifelong collectors ourselves so to reiterate we will be up all night rectifying every issue and addressing every customer personally.

Moving forward we are upgrading to a significantly more resilient server. And until all the current issues are resolved the remaining green vinyl copies have been taken down off the site. Once resolved they shall go back up. Outside of improving the site, personally interacting with customers to confirm order receipt, refunding where applicable and informing fans via social media, message boards, etc. all we can offer is our sincerest apologies. I think everyone can be in agree that how the pre-sale unfolded to was neither ideal in the eyes of customers or us and we vow to make things right for everyone moving forward. When all is said and done, frustration aside when you hold this record in your hands and have it spinning on your turntable we are certain that frustration will turn to satisfaction.

I believe they could be manually approving/cancelling orders. And they are going by order numbers. Because even after we paid, if we go under account, the order is still pending. Spacelab probably has to click approve after checking payment with order numbers. Thats what i think though

This exactly what is happening right now. And sincerely, thank you raynerho for taking an educated guess and informing the community it is greatly appreciated. We have been trying our best to bounce back here, and other message boards, social media to provide updates/answer general questions as well as emailing customers directly not to mention still deal with some technical back end stuff so it helps out greatly when folks such as yourself provide rational explanations to help alleviate the chaos.  

As far as how many successful orders there were we are not going to divulge numbers at this juncture however we will say that there were A LOT of orders that went through. Our paramount concern right now is taking care of those who have already invested their hard earned cash on this release, and once that is sorted through accordingly we shall let the remaining colored vinyl copies go live on the site albeit sans the technical difficulties this time around. 

This exactly what is happening right now. And sincerely, thank you raynerho for taking an educated guess and informing the community it is greatly appreciated. We have been trying our best to bounce back here, and other message boards, social media to provide updates/answer general questions as well as emailing customers directly not to mention still deal with some technical back end stuff so it helps out greatly when folks such as yourself provide rational explanations to help alleviate the chaos.  

As far as how many successful orders there were we are not going to divulge numbers at this juncture however we will say that there were A LOT of orders that went through. Our paramount concern right now is taking care of those who have already invested their hard earned cash on this release, and once that is sorted through accordingly we shall let the remaining colored vinyl copies go live on the site albeit sans the technical difficulties this time around. 

I wish every vinyl retailer was this responsive and transparent with their customers. Thanks!

There has to be quite a few orders made by flippers with more than 3 copies bought right? What about those...?

Personally? I ordered two copies. one for myself and for my best friend who was working during the time this went up but wanted one because we are big fans of the show. Is there any way that you can go about seeing who purchased a large amount and consider doing something about that such as partially refunding and honoring two copies or something since those are most likely the flippers who take away from the rest of the fans who truly want this and are not trying to make a profit. This would then allow for more copies for the rest of the people who might have missed out due to the large quantities that were ordered... Just an idea.

There has to be quite a few orders made by flippers with more than 3 copies bought right? What about those...?

Personally? I ordered two copies. one for myself and for my best friend who was working during the time this went up but wanted one because we are big fans of the show. Is there any way that you can go about seeing who purchased a large amount and consider doing something about that such as partially refunding and honoring two copies or something since those are most likely the flippers who take away from the rest of the fans who truly want this and are not trying to make a profit. This would then allow for more copies for the rest of the people who might have missed out due to the large quantities that were ordered... Just an idea.

First off thanks for the order and thanks for your patience. And also that is very cool of you to pick up a copy for your friend. As far as the damned flippers are concerned, speaking very honestly, i haven't really seen anything that reeks of flip order. Quite a few multiple copy orders like yours but not the usually "flip order". I will speak to the label manager about putting order size restrictions in place.

So, i received an email for my cancelled order that i ordered when it went up last night, saying that the order is received. However, on logging into the account, it still shows cancelled. Does this mean the order is fulfilled?

Thanks for all the info and the transparency thus far!