PO: Bane - Don't wait up (EU End Hits Records / US Equal Vision Records)

haven't received my merchnow copy, yet. but, what is that issue with the gatefold? are you really complaining about it?

usually, I really dig gatefolds because of the expanded artwork. any issues with that in this release?

or are you just implying, that the second side should be glued together so it's simply closed?

haven't received my merchnow copy, yet. but, what is that issue with the gatefold? are you really complaining about it?

usually, I really dig gatefolds because of the expanded artwork. any issues with that in this release?

or are you just implying, that the second side should be glued together so it's simply closed?

It really doesn't bother me, just found it odd that it was even open when there's nothing in it.  And I agree in that I much prefer gatefolds.

Did anybody pick up the screenprint?  http://merchnow.com/products/175294/bane-cdscreen-print

It really doesn't bother me, just found it odd that it was even open when there's nothing in it.  And I agree in that I much prefer gatefolds.

Did anybody pick up the screenprint?  http://merchnow.com/products/175294/bane-cdscreen-print

Agreed. Like xtobi-wanx said, it could be glued together. The artwork is great and I like having the lyrics printed inside the gatefold, especially with the personal notes about Wrong Planet. I listened to it today, sounds great.

• 3 weeks later...

Edit: all is well. Merchnow sent me the missing copy.

On a different note, this album is incredibly good. I'm so glad that Bane are going out like that. I'm also stoked that they're getting so much attention (again). And to keep things more interesting collecting-wise, there's also a pressing on black vinyl out there. That makes purple, orange, turquoise, clear, black, white, blue and yellow so far. 

I believe that black variant is a test press. I could be wrong though.

Nope, I'm pretty sure it's a different pressing. Coretex has a black vinyl option listed in its online shop. I don't believe that there are any test pressings of the European pressing left since End Hits put the remaining three of four copies up for sale a few weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...

My fiance preordered the first pressing yellow opaque vinyl, but received this:

http://i.imgur.com/PKMO41l.jpg

The label on the packaging stated that it was opaque yellow, clearly that is not the case. We haven't found any other mentions of a blue and white vynl being released... Any help would be appreciated.

This was probably the hardest release to add to the calendar.  So many foreign variants and they're all sold out or unavailable or I can't read the language.  I think I got it right though. -- http://melodicallydeaf.com/archives/2014/may.html

Good job, but there are a few things you might wanna change: the European label is called End Hits Records, not Coretex; you didn't mention the white/blue mix; there are 20 test pressings on End Hits; the black and clear versions are not really Coretex exclusives seeing that the band are selling these on tour right now (and distros might have these colours too).

Good job, but there are a few things you might wanna change: the European label is called End Hits Records, not Coretex; you didn't mention the white/blue mix; there are 20 test pressings on End Hits; the black and clear versions are not really Coretex exclusives seeing that the band are selling these on tour right now (and distros might have these colours too).

Jesus I can't keep up. I'll try to fix this when I get home later today. Wanna be a doll and copy and paste the entry and make the changes and I'll input them? It'd help my frustration a lot.

So I hadn't realized before that there was yellow, blue and white pressings in the release (I thought there was only yellow/blue), so maybe ours was a mistake? I contacted Merchnow and they said that there should not have been any blue and white pressings. Its pretty cool though so I can't say we are bummed about it :)

Jesus I can't keep up. I'll try to fix this when I get home later today. Wanna be a doll and copy and paste the entry and make the changes and I'll input them? It'd help my frustration a lot.

I'm not 100% sure I really understood what you wanted me to do here, but I've done this:

Bane - Don't Wait Up

First Press:

Blue | 500 (Equal Vision)

Yellow | 500 (Equal Vision) SOLD OUT

Black (= test pressings) | 20 (End Hits)

Orange | 500 (End Hits) SOLD OUT

Turquoise Blue | 400 (End Hits) SOLD OUT

Purple | 300 (End Hits / Green Hell Exclusive) SOLD OUT

Second Press:

Clear | 500 (End Hits) (Germany) SOLD OUT

Black | ??? (End Hits) (Germany)

White | 700 (Equal Vision)

White/blue swirl | ??? (Equal Vision)

Not sure about the categorization of first/second press with white and white/blue swirl.

So I hadn't realized before that there was yellow, blue and white pressings in the release (I thought there was only yellow/blue), so maybe ours was a mistake? I contacted Merchnow and they said that there should not have been any blue and white pressings. Its pretty cool though so I can't say we are bummed about it :)

Someone told me on instagram last week that there might be a variant like this out there. Maybe it was your fiancé? If not, there could be more than one. It could be that this is some sort of transition press from changing from blue to white. Not sure if that'd come out like this though.

Someone told me on instagram last week that there might be a variant like this out there. Maybe it was your fiancé? If not, there could be more than one. It could be that this is some sort of transition press from changing from blue to white. Not sure if that'd come out like this though.

Couldn't have been him because we only received it yesterday. Thats crazy, I'd love to know if there are more out there though/ if it was done on purpose. Thanks for the info!

I'm not 100% sure I really understood what you wanted me to do here, but I've done this:

Bane - Don't Wait Up

First Press:

Blue | 500 (Equal Vision)

Yellow | 500 (Equal Vision) SOLD OUT

Black (= test pressings) | 20 (End Hits)

Orange | 500 (End Hits) SOLD OUT

Turquoise Blue | 400 (End Hits) SOLD OUT

Purple | 300 (End Hits / Green Hell Exclusive) SOLD OUT

Second Press:

Clear | 500 (End Hits) (Germany) SOLD OUT

Black | ??? (End Hits) (Germany)

White | 700 (Equal Vision)

White/blue swirl | ??? (Equal Vision)

Not sure about the categorization of first/second press with white and white/blue swirl.

I'm not seeing the white for sale anywhere.