PO NOW: Say Anything - Hebrews

Good call, knew there had to be a reason why I particularly liked the vocals.

Drew, do you have an advance of the album? If so, whatcha think in it's entirety?

I've only listened to it a few times but overall I like it - it's going to incredibly polarizing (as you can tell thus far with the songs released thus far) but I like that Max is challenging himself as a musician and thinking outside the normal Say Anything box.  Does everything work on the album? No, but it's definitely one of the most intriguing and interesting listens of the year for me so far.

I would like for someone to explain how they think this would be better with guitars? 

lyrically it's not much different from IARB IMO - Max has more or less written in this manner his entire career. I think these are his strongest lyrics since that album and much better than what he's written on the previous 2

I would like for someone to explain how they think this would be better with guitars? 

lyrically it's not much different from IARB IMO - Max has more or less written in this manner his entire career. I think these are his strongest lyrics since that album and much better than what he's written on the previous 2

I haven't had a chance to really delve into the album lyrically, but during the initial listen the keyboards started to irritate me. The songs could be a lot worse, but they could sound a lot better, too.

Glad I canceled my pre-order now that I've heard the entire album.

Most of the lyrics are either boring or cringey, with that song "Kall be Kubric" being completely unlistenable. "Boyde" is the most violent sounding song SA has ever written, only the lack of guitars and meh lyrics taint it for me (get her home by 11:30). The lyrics on the first 40 seconds of "My Greatest Fear" made me cringe, while the rest focusing on his fear of his family wanting to leave him are uninteresting and repetitive. Oh, and "Push" is a little wierd for me.

There are some decent pop songs with self depricating, shouted lyrics on here, but overall not what I wanted their return from Anarchy to be. Unfortunately I also didn't fall in love with SA for their pop songs.

I don't think it would sound better with guitars. That being said a better album might sound better with guitars.On the lyrics I just disagree that it's much better than I've heard on the last couple SA albums.

Definitely better than Anarchy, and some moments might even beat S/T, but I in no way think it has the same level of piss and vinegar that In Defense had. That being said, there are some pretty decent songs. And some pretty fucking annoying ones, but I think the former outweigh the latter, which is the opposite of Anarchy. Still think it would've been a much better Say Anything album if it had some guitars in there. I don't hate it, which is a step up from what I was expecting.