PO NOW: Say Anything - Hebrews

Their older stuff is so much better than any of the new albums. Baseball + Dormroom Demos will always be my favorite.

those releases are undoubtedly their best. the problem is that max isn't the same mental state as he was when he wrote all that music. i think it's wonderful that he's come such a long way in finding happiness, making peace with himself and sorting out his issues. that being said, those issues were part of what gave birth to all that incredible music back in the day.

i'd rather see him happy and healthy and just listen to the old stuff.

those releases are undoubtedly their best. the problem is that max isn't the same mental state as he was when he wrote all that music. i think it's wonderful that he's come such a long way in finding happiness, making peace with himself and sorting out his issues. that being said, those issues were part of what gave birth to all that incredible music back in the day.

i'd rather see him happy and healthy and just listen to the old stuff.

this is basically exactly what i was going to say! very well said.

im excited because there were a few good songs on anarchy. and he still puts on a great show. along with the front bottoms and you blew it!

Maybe Max's problem is that he writes so many songs between albums & the song shop that he's running out of ideas?

i've thought this, too. not only the albums, but painful splits, two tongues, perma, song shop... i mean, the dude has made hundreds of thousands of dollars on the song shop alone. how many songs can one man write? he needs to slow down. all of his side projects including the song shop were born after the self-titled. seems pretty telling to me.

all of his side projects including the song shop were born after the self-titled. seems pretty telling to me.

if memory serves I'm almost certain he starter song shop after In Defense and before Self Titled. Teenage me was obsessed with the concept of my then favorite lyricist writing a song for me so I remember it pretty well. Still never got one and am kinda disgusted to know he did the shop for so many years. Just seems to stretch a lyricist thin.

i've thought this, too. not only the albums, but painful splits, two tongues, perma, song shop... i mean, the dude has made hundreds of thousands of dollars on the song shop alone. how many songs can one man write? he needs to slow down. all of his side projects including the song shop were born after the self-titled. seems pretty telling to me.

Two Tongues came out before the self-titled. Just saying.

But I found this on his FAQs page for the Song Shop:

"How the @#@# do u write so many songs?

I consider myself a writer before anything, so I’ve spent years (trying) to master phrasing and rhyme, kind of like a medieval court minstrel or something. Melodies come first, but since I’ve written so many already, it’s become an acquired sort of muscle memory-ish ability of mine to be able to come up with a lot of stuff and still have it be worthy of a song and from the heart. Part of how I write songs is wanting to affect an impression right out of the gate with what I say (as you may have noticed with my Say Anything work) so being bluntly honest isn’t as hard as writing some weird veiled overly poetic stuff. It’s pretty much the only thing in my life that comes this easily to me, since I’m clumsy, neurotic and have A.D.D."

My thought is, yeah it may come natural to him. After the first 250 songs, they've gotta start sounding very similar. I feel like he probably reuses A LOT of the same guitar riffs & what-not and just changes the lyrics.

if memory serves I'm almost certain he starter song shop after In Defense and before Self Titled.

2008 sounds about right, but i couldn't find any evidence dating back that far. i remember i wanted to get a song for my ex-girlfriend (this was 2008-2009) and then, after we broke up, to get one for her so i could win her back, haha... oh, to be 18 again.

Lol. I just don't think it's a good title for an album, and may reflect on the quality of the songwriting considering it hasn't been spectacular these past few albums.

Glad I'm not the only one thinking this. Seriously, naming an album from a supposed-to-be "punk"ish band "Hebrews?" I don't have too many high hopes for this.

I'm going to remain pessimistic, that way if it sucks, I won't be as sad as I was with Anarchy, and if it's another masterpiece, I'll be stoked. I just wanna hear a single. That should tell us all we need to know.

And I mirror the thoughts about the name. I have nothing against people of the Jewish variety, I just think it's a dumb name for an album. His quips about being Jewish were only funny in small doses. I just hope this isn't a whole album of Died a Jew.

Wouldn't that be some shit.