PO NOW: Say Anything - Hebrews

Sounds like Razia's Shadow without the concept.

And not nearly as talented or well-written.

After hearing it for the first time, I immediately preordered.

Don't count this album out just yet, this is only one song.

Yeah, but the first single from Anarchy was the best song on the album.

Yeah, but that also has nothing to do with anything.

He said "don't count the album out yet, it's only the first song" or something to the effect of that . I provided the example that Anarchy My Dear only got worse after the first single. Since they're two albums by the same band, they do in fact have something to do with each other.

Isn't there a shit on bands thread around here somewhere? Feel free to crap on Max there. Or keep judging the book (of Hebrew) by its cover here (like you are sure to do...)

I'm not shitting on the band. I was just providing a point. I was a huge fan of this band for a long time. I was legitimately disappointed when I heard Anarchy for the first time, and then I saw them later in the year and Max was just so... awful. I'm not sure how I feel about this song yet. I preordered the album because I have all their other releases, even Anarchy. I want this album to be good. I just somehow know it won't impress me enough to make up for Anarchy. I hope I'm proven wrong.

This won't be selling out any time soon so I'm going to hold off on preordering.  I dug the single and thought Hull's contribution was good.  I would like Sheri to not be on this record so much but it's whatever.  I personally haven't loved anything they've done since IDOTG since we are all jumping on that bandwagon.

I'm always an optimist so I'll stick with thinking this album will be okay.  The guest spots seem cool and the orchestral aspect of the album seems promising.  We'll see.

I don't hate Max. He's a cool person, although I stopped bothering to hang after shows because he never makes an appearance.

I think Say Anything ran a good course and that it's time to hang up the towel for that particular act. The guy clearly has some original thoughts, but he made his world view pretty well known with Is a Real Boy and the prior unreleased albums/EPs. Every subsequent album was, to me, an attempt to rekindle that flame, but with diminishing success.